07 mx5 sport suspension

Just got my first mx5. Nc 2.0 sport. Immediately want it lower as looks terrible in stock form. Was gonna go for some eibach lowering springs but have heard they don’t work well with the bilstein dampers, so looked at the koni str.t spring and damper combo. Any advice as to what route I should go as the koni dampers and springs are 3x the price.

Some will say they work well with Bilsteins, I did when I first owned my Mk3 sport. I had my immediately lowered, so much better and looked better too.
The only thing I found it occasionally bottomed out on undulating roads. I drove it for around two years and on the whole it was fine except for what I mentioned above.
I have taken the plunge, well around 3 years ago and had a set of Meister R’s fitted, they are definitely for me the way to go if you want your car lowered. I ever change cars it would be the first mod to do.
Don’t get me wrong, the lowering springs are perfectly adequate and a cost effective way of getting your car handling and looking better.

Thanks, think will go for the springs at a lower cost leave it for a bit and maybe switch to coil overs further down the line

I went with the Eibach lowering springs (I think they are a 30mm drop?) and do occasionally bottom out on undulating roads. Main challenge is to nagivate the speed bumps that sit in the middle of the road. Usually very cautious and will occasionally take an alternative route, but do not come across many on day to day roads. If tall speed bumps and roads with heavy undulations are a concern I would be very careful Had an alignment done soon after at WIM. Both changes really transformed the car in terms of appearance and driving sensation.

I am seriously considering the coilover option but struggling to justify the cost too, even three years after having the springs changed.

I’ve just had some H&R lowering springs fitted to my NC 2.0 Sport, I was recommended away from the Eibach as (from memory) they lowered the front by more than the rear, giving far from neutral handling characteristics. Can’t comment further on the Eibach, but the H&R are great so far, have now settled & next job is 4-wheel alignment

Thanks, just read a few other things saying the same thing will go for the h&r

Does the back sit a lot higher than the front?

I will try to find a picture but not noticeable to my eyes.

Same as Scooby above i have H&R springs dropping 40mm with standard Bilsteins and all good, never bottomed out even over some speed humps local to me.