1.5 to 2L AT differential swap on 2016+

Hi. Many of us over here in the states have a question that you guys might be able to answer. For the new 2016+ mx5 AT with the 1.5L engine, what is the PARTS NUMBER for the 4.1 rear diff. Any help would be truly appreciated

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2021 MX5 RF Club
  2. I’m based near: USA
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: differential swap

Would the following link help?

The diagrams doesn’t seem to say what parts are specifically for the 1.5L or 2.0L engine. It seems to imply both engines use the same normal rear differential?

The rear diff on the AT for 2.0 is 3.5 FDR and 4.1 FDR for the 1.5.

I’m not sure that we’ve ever had the option of a 1.5 auto here, it certainly isn’t an option now.

In the UK I have never seen the auto available in 1.5. My UK sales brochures seem confirm this.

I may have this completely wrong but I thought the auto NDs used the NC diff along with all the Fiat derivatives.
:heart:

The mounting points are different between the NC and ND auto diffs. I think that may be the way to go for me at this point. There’s a German company that sells the diffs for the 1.5 with the 4.1 so if anyone is looking to get a substantial boost in acceleration from their 2.0 by swapping out the 2 diffs then look up sps-motorshop.com. My problem is they won’t ship to the states only Europe