17 May run to Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum, New Forest

All South Central members should have received an e-mail from Alan & Helen about the 17 May run.

We will leave from the parking area in front of the Hen & Chickens pub at Lower Froyle, on the A31 at 10.15.

The route will then be A roads as far as Brockenhurst, and then good B roads to the destination. So those of you who have done previous runs I have organised, when I tend to favour roads more suited to a Land Rover than an MX5, do not be put off this time!

Run distance from the start point to the museum is 52 miles, and a table for lunch is reserved at the Bashley tea rooms, part of the museum complex.

Let me know if you are going to take part. I need to make arrangements with the tea rooms and also to give numbers to the museum - the more visitors, the bigger the discount on the ticket price.

E-mail me for the details of route, museum and tea rooms if you did not pick up Alan & Helen’s message. Get me on nick.od@tiscali.co.uk or phone 01256 704829

Fingers crossed for a sunny day.

Hi Nick

Sheila and I would like to join on the run. Yes please to having something to eat at the Tea Rooms, but most likely won’t bother with the museum as we have often had a trip down there from our neck-of-the-woods and have seen the bikes before. Well worth a look if you’ve not been .

Regards,

Graham

Nick, will try to get along if I can although I have family visiting that weekend so might not look good if I suddenly jump in the MX5 and drive off for half the day!

I have sent you a private email, but just to confirm, I will be there for the museum and a bite to eat.

Alan West

Sheila and I would like to say “thank you” to Nick for organising a very enjoyable run out on the 17th.  Brilliant weather and drive to a lovely part of Hampshire.  Glad it wasn’t like it is today when looking out the window at the rain (18th)!

Good meeting up with all the other fellow MX-5’rs  and tasty food to boot.  Added bonus of having a good look at all the Harley-Davidsons that turned up on the day and having a chat with one of the owners.

Looking forward to the next drive out.

I would like to add my thanks too. A great day out. Couple of pictures below.

When we arrived, we all parked neatly in the main car park

We enjoyed that so much that we did it again, this time in the special parking area the museum had put aside for us!

After a very good lunch in the Bashley Tea Rooms, we took a look at the exotic machinery in the museum

And rounded off the visit with discussions with some potential new members!

All in lovely sunshine. Grand day out.