1991 MX5 Mark 1 Special Edition British Racing Green (UK Market Car)??

Difficult to price without viewing and a proper inspection . Mileage not critical but ideally the lower the better -  these engines if serviced properly are bulletproof.  Bodywork / chassis condition needs close scrutiny especially sills / rear arches etc.  All clean solid Mk1’s are in my opinion a solid investment and great fun .

The UK Limited edition was the first BRG coloured car introduced here and had extras inc. tan leather seats  and OZ alloy wheels often mistaken for BBS.   If it has a full history, reasonably low mileage and is in excellent condition with no work required they are now fetching upwards of £5k  ( this comment will no doubt cause a debate) and I speak from personal experience having sold one at well above this level over a year ago within a couple of days on Car and Classic website. Having said that I’ve seen rough examples fetch under £500 . Certainly worth further investigation - you never know it might even be one of the one’s treated to some BBR enhancement from new !

My current example , number 131/250  has a Lancaster Insurance Valuation of £7500 but also has full history (inc. commentary from previous owners)  and has had very substantial TLC over it’s whole 63000 mile life !