1992 Mk1 SE | For restoration or spares | £750 (Essex) (SOLD)

NOW SOLD*******

For sale for spares or restoration is my 1992 MX-5 1.6 SE. I’ve owned this car for 16 years and it’s been a daily pleasure to drive as recent as two weeks ago! Unfortunately the car is at a stage where it’s failed it’s most recent MOT and with my very limited abilities is beyond me to put right and it would be a massive shame for the car to sit there and rot away.

For MOT purposes it requires the off-side sill area sorting as the rust is now too close to the seat belt point, but it really needs both sills and rear arches sorting. There is also a small area of rust appearing on one of the front wings (off side). Also failed on corroded brake pipes, and the horn!

The car has covered 181,500 pretty-much trouble free miles. The engine and gearbox work a treat. As mentioned I have been using it daily up until last week.

I’d ideally love it for someone to buy as a project, but understand that it’s probably worth a decent amount in parts too. There’s some very good parts to be had off this, but once again with my limited knowledge and space stripping the car is not for me therefore would want someone to take the whole thing. Good panels include, boot lid, both doors, bonnet, rear bumper, rear UK light panel and n/s front wing.

The current MOT has now run out and the car has been sorn’d, therefore you’ll need to trailer the car away.

This is the 1st SE version and still has the 15” deep dish original wheels, very good condition tan interior (except driver’s seat) and ABS. There was only ever 200 of this model produced.

There’s a number of ‘upgraded’ parts that’ll be included.

These include :
> Very good mohair/cloth hood (scratched rear screen)
> JVC Double-Din touch screen DVD/Stereo with Bluetooth Phone connectivity
> Cobra style rear view mirror (£100ish new on it’s own)
> Smoothed front bumper with Garage Vary spoiler
> Cat-back twin exit stainless steel exhaust (MX5 Parts one)
> sun visors with integrated TV monitors
> Stereo amplifier
> Upgraded speakers (component set)
> Chrome style bars

As mentioned there’s a lot of good stuff to be had off this car. It’s always been well looked after and won a few trophies ‘back in the day’ along with showing at loads of shows including Alexandra Palace and the NEC.

I’ll be very sad to see ‘Max’ go, but it’s time to move on. I’ve already bought another MX-5 to carry on my MX-5 experience.

The price for the whole car is £750.00. I’m in no rush to sell so no silly offers please and I’ll not be selling any parts separately. (Hard top is not included in the price).

If you have any questions, please do ask. Car is located in North Essex.