Mk1 UK Car Limited Edition SE for sale 1992

Selling my MX5 Mk1 1.6 SE. Mileage is about just over 138,500 miles…looking for offers around £4000

This is an original UK spec 1992 limited edition SE in black with a tan interior and a brand new vinyl soft top with a heated rear window fitted on the 5th August 2020. The hard top has now been sold and is not included with the sale.

It has been rebuilt and restored over the last three years.

It is in a very good near original spec condition and passed its MOT last week 1st July 2020 with no advisories.

This car was prepared by Carl Smith at CBS Autos for me to use and to tour somewhere in the UK a few times every summer…The car and me have done that and it is a fab car but i am going to move on to a new project. I know Carl well and this is the third mk 1 I have had from Carl over the last few years.

This car was bought from and prepared by CBS Autos for me in 2017. I asked Carl to find me another very solid MX5 Mk1 and he had this one “out the back” and he (and Ant) completed the prep work over a number of months in 2017. I wanted this particular car kept original, unlike my others, and I have still kept it pretty original and even found a set of genuine original SE alloy wheels which i had refurbed and they are on it and are in great shape.

This is a great car structurally/underneath with great sills and both rear arches are spot on. The car is in my garage.

To prepare the car for me they fitted and had painted two new front wings and sorted any other issues to get me and the car going.

The spec and work done by Carl and me over the last year or so is as below…I have probably forgotten some bits…

Passed its MOT every year since 2017 at CBS autos with no advisories.

4 Brand new Pirelli tyres fitted in 2018…

Brake callipers replaced all round in 2018.

New brake discs fitted all round in 2018.

New EBC Yellowstuff pads fitted last year.

Brand new 1.6 Clutch fitted with refurbed genuine Mazda 1.6 flywheel in 2017.

New Clutch pressure plate and bearings fitted…all by CBS in 2017.

Custom made, partly stainless exhaust fabricated and fitted by Carl at CBS in 2018.

Seats and dash and doors dismantled and refurbed by me but kept genuine.

Brand new Panasonic Gel battery fitted last year.

Engine serviced every year with new plugs and engine oil and air filter.

New cam cover seal and cam belt and water pump fitted in 2018 by CBS autos.

New clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder fitted in 2019.

Gearbox and rear axle serviced with Redline oils every year.

All suspension checked and adjusted where necessary.

All door seals, header rail and boot seal and rear light seals replaced by me.

Header rail is from a mark 2.

Front spoiler fitted in 2019.

Mk1 1.8 foldable door mirrors fitted in 2019.

Radiator replaced in 2018 with new top hose.

Cabin brace bar fitted in 2019.

Car is dinitrolled underneath.

It drives fabulously.

It has a very nice working retro Pioneer CD/stereo with new JBL door speakers fitted by me in 2018.

You are more than welcome to ask Carl Smith at CBS Autos for any history about the car.

Please contact me if you are interested or you require more information and I am open to sensible offers as this car needs to go before I can fund another project…

I am based in north Liverpool and am looking for offers around £4000 please

Uploading: BD5B1E77-00C9-41B3-956B-169BFCB5ADBD.jpeg…

Nice car is it still for sale ,do you have any interest in a swap plus cash for 78 mg midget ?

Hi Robert, thanks for your interest but having bought a van on Friday just I don’t need any more vehicles…Thanks