1996 Mk1 MX5 1.8is – UK car – 0ver £7000 spent with MX5Restorer No Rust!

1. The car I’m offering for sale is a 1996 Mk1 MX5 1.8is
  2. The car is stored in Bexhill-on-Sea
  3. The price is £6500 ovno

I bought the car from MX5 Restorer in Feb 2020. The previous owner spent over £7000 with them having all the rust removed, which also ended up including having the nearside rear quarter replaced, and followed by a full respray, along with other works, such as a full underseal and cavity wax. The car does feature in some of their “Whats going on in the workshop” videos on our “Lights up, Lights down” YouTube videos. They then obtained a job abroad so they had to sell the car. Since I have owned the car the clutch has also been replaced.

Unfortunately I have had a foot operation which makes driving the car for more than 15-20 minutes almost impossible so it doesn’t really work for me as I had intended to use it for road trips etc. so I am thinking of selling it.

In my ownership the car has been used very little on dry days only and stored in the dry, integral garage at our flat in Bexhill which is where it still is for viewing although I live in South London/Surrey.

Being a 1.8is it does come with some options and some additions that have been fitted over the years:
Power steering
Electric windows
Electric mirrors
Anti lock brakes
Black leather seats
Stainless steel teardrop panels on door cards
1.8i engine
Stainless steel door sill kick plates with MX-5 text
Long MOT
New Tyres
Full Respray
New door rubbers
Full underseal and cavity wax
New electric aerial
Badges removed

It also has a massive history folder right back to the original sales invoice from 1996. It is now MOT’d until March ‘23 and I have taxed and insured it. If it doesn’t sell I will probably just keep it for short runs down at the coast.

This is a great opportunity to purchase a well sorted late UK Mk 1 where someone else has spent a lot of money to get the bodywork sorted.

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system to contact me.

5 Likes