2006 hard top, Bose Stereo

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ 2006 hard top
  2. I’m based near: __Manchester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Bose Stereo

Can any one help with explaining what the Aux option on the stereo is?

There’s an aux input next to the 12V power socket, so you can plug your phone (or other device) into it using a 3.5mm jack and then listen to it through the stereo. Pressing the Aux button just selects that as the input.

A 2006 year mk3 will not have the aux socket, you need to purchase a 3.5mm Jack plug lead and plug it into the rear of the radio to be able to use the aux function.

No way! That’s a lot of faff! I stand corrected.

No it’s quite easy and you dont have to remove the radio. I recently put one in my mk3, bought from Amazon Mazda mx5 3.5mm female Jack plug aux cable, ? You only need to unclip the nearside trim panel at the side of the radio, remove the glove box and them clip the connector at one end of the lead into the socket next to the aerial socket in the rear of the radio it’s a bit fiddly but I managed to do it all in under 10 minutes. The female Jack plug end can be left loose in the glove box or do as I did and mount it inbetween the heated seat switches by drilling a 4mm hole. Lead was about £7 off Amazon with next day delivery.

Thanks. I now know what I will be doing this weekend. It is amazing how quickly questions get answered on here!