2012 2ltr induction kit

Just a quickie question, does fitting an induction kit increase the exhaust volume by much? I’m looking at back box’s and the box of choice for many seems to be the cobalt. However, will this be loud enough for me? there are so many opinions on this the only way to find out is buy and fit one.

I don’t want to be a boy racer but do want to sound good. Have a Euro trip coming up and want to sound good through the passes (stelvio ect:)  

So if I find the cobalt too low can I fit an induction kit and increase the volume.

Thanks

Del 

An induction kit won’t have any effect on the exhaust tone.

It may increase the induction roar, but you might get that just from fitting a Pipercoss or K&N filter.

Don’t expect any noticable gains in performace though. It might sound faster, but won’t go any faster.

The cobalt will be slightly louder its more a change in tone than volume. If you plan on doing a manifold swap in the future then the cobalt is a good choice because it doesn’t end up silly loud, if you don’t then a different back box will be a better option for increasing the volume  You won’t get any induction roar from a panel filter swap

Induction kits have been proven to reduce performance. The manufacturer goes to great lengths to design the system so it takes cold air from outside the engine bay. If the kit takes air from the engine bay where it’s nice and warm/hot then the engine will lose significant performance.
A free flow panel filter in the original housing is a better choice. However standard OEM filters are designed to have redundant capacity at the end of their service life and have better filtering properies.