2016 ND advertised

Same car being simultaneously listed on eBay and autotrader?
Or different cars?

Looks like the same photo,

I’d guess that one of the listings is fraudulent, probably the one with the most attractive price. Not unknown for people to clone photos of genuine listings for this purpose. I’m assuming it’s a classified. If it’s an auction I suppose the ebay listing might be genuine.

If you contact the seller they will might explain that they are working abroad, the car is cheap because they are not around to sell it and need a quick sale, and would like you to pay via Western Union. If that happens you know it’s fraud.

1 Like

Ah…didn’t think of that.
The eBay listing is indeed highly suspicious.

1 Like

The eBay listing is there for that car @£12,395, most likely the proper advert.
The £8,180 priced listing is obviously fake. Look at all the other items on that particular sellers eBay page, two pictures on each but the 2nd pic has different email contacts on each, very suspect, con artists of the highest order.:-1::dizzy_face:

1 Like

BTW I don’t like the wheels on either.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s the Autotrader ad which is for £12395.
And the suspect eBay ad which is for £8180.

If you look it’s on eBay twice (when I looked) the proper ad and the cloned ad with the lower price.

The plot thickens!

The eBayer also has other cars for sale with only one picture and an email address.
Perhaps the Autotrader seller might appreciate a call giving him the details? (I would).
(Couldn’t find the car on eBay for £12395 though).

The one I think is genuine, matches that of the Autotrader advert.

The cloned advert, very dodgy indeed and by the looks of it most of their other items.

1 Like

Price reduced on eBay!

I rang the number on the £12395 eBay add and left a message with the concerns and giving him the details of the cheap add.
If it’s all genuine somehow (doubt it mind) then no harm done. :+1:

You will probably find you have been charged £200 for the phone call ! I normally use the report button to alert ebay to scam adverts. It still takes days for ebay to react though.

My wife had problems like this selling her crafty bits (home made) eBay were useless.
She ended up having to mark all of her pictures so they couldn’t be stolen and used on other sellers adverts.
She doesn’t do much selling now, all the hassle isn’t worth it and rising costs.

I emailed the advertiser we perceive as being genuine.

1 Like

Thanks for that :flushed::joy: