3.75 2ltr 7year service items

Hi all

Just purchased my 2014 25th Anniversary MX and want to know just what should be changed and checked at the 7 year/87,500 mile service.

Thank in advance…

Nothing actually special at that interval. Oil/filter change check everything else.

As it’s a recent purchase I would check what’s been serviced before, especially brake fluid, gear and diff oils and have a good peek at brake condition. If no evidence of recent brake fluid or gear/diff oil changes I’d have them changed as a matter of course. Spark plug change @62.5k miles, coolant change at around 10 years.

1 Like

Thanks Mick…

The car has had service 1,2,3,and 4 but only knocked a few k of miles up until I bought her last week. It had its 7 yr service just before I purchased her. My concern is that maybe gearbox and rear axle fluids haven’t been changed you see.

Probably if it’s missed 5 & 6 services then it’s missed the gear/diff oil changes.
If it’s been done to the Mazda schedule at the 7th service then as above just engine oil and inspection stuff.
If you intend getting a dealer to service the car they could probably check the digital service history for what has been done previously.
Going on my own recently purchased Mk3.75 I had dealer proof of what had been done, receipts too as it was handed over by the previous owner. If you are missing some of that stuff and unsure I’d at least get those oils changed for peace of mind.

1 Like

If you will keep the car for a while I would get all fluids (oil, brakes, gearbox, diff), spark plugs and filters changed. I couldn’t find any history for my NC (mine has just passed 76k) so I just did the lot.

I have Mazda dealer printed service reports for all the services I’ve mentioned Mick… Can’t find mention of gearbox n axle oil change. This is why I’m wanting to know if it should be done at 5 or 6.
Probs just get them done now anyways.

Have you got the manual, it’s all in there what’s gets done and when? Fifth and sixth services should get gear box and diff oil changes.
I’d get them done if no mention of them in the history you have.

Cheers Mick…I’m going to get them changed as soon as.

Only if someone has fitted a diesel engine!!!???
:hearts:

Thanks everyone for your input.
I have now had the oils changed for peace of mind.

Merry Christmas to all…

1 Like