30AE + NC + NA Dartmoor

On a week long break in Devon and did a drive around and through Dartmoor today. Came to a short single file section and coming the other way was the unmistakable sight of a gleaming 30AE. Delighted to see equally well presented NC and NA following and a mega waving fest ensued. Sorry my ND was so mud splattered. Done around 600 miles of muddy lanes of fun since I last had access to even a hose pipe.

Hi thank you for stopping and letting me (30AE ) and friends through that narrow part of road, we had been out for Dinner , We are
members of the Southwest group ,We hope you had a good time in Devon

Had a great time in Devon. Stayed in a 16th Century thatched barn conversion near Hatherleigh. Our hosts kept apologising about the weather but I think we had more top down than top up mileage and we did plenty.

That day we drove down to Tavistock then across to Bovey Tracey then back up across the moor again to our temporary home. Had only put the roof up at Dartmeet car park. Dartmoor was just as beautiful with the drizzle and mist as when the sun showed it’s face. Good that we got both sides of the coin.

Must say that on the many narrow sections and single track roads that we encountered the give and take on all parts was very refreshing. Only had to do a couple of short reverses all week and got thanked both times. MX-5 wave levels are very high down there too but none as enthusiastic as the ones from you and your group. Would have loved to have stopped for a chat but that might have pushed everybody’s patience levels off the scale.

Thanks Devon, we’ll be back.