8th May Mid Week Run

Wednesday 8th May. BIKES & BURGERS at BURY.

Meet: 9.30am. B&Q(South) car park, Neatmarket, off Hall Road, NR4 6EG.

Plan for the ‘run’. Just over an hour’s drive to stop at Elveden. Time for coffee and a perusal (nose) around deli, garden & homewares. Short run to our bikes & burgers venues. Cafe is within an amazing motor bike franchise but seating is limited so we may have to lunch in two sessions. A short walk takes us to more bikes and Bury’s Morgan cars dealership. Both sites are under the Krazy Horse banner and have welcomed my enquiry. If you are into Norton, MV Augusta, Paton, Indian bikes (there’s more) and Morgan cars this is for you. It’s also a dream for photographers with polished surfaces, chromed pipes, mental metalwork and and amazing paint jobs.

Leaving Bury, folk can make their own way home or follow me on a back road route, not the A11, which will take just over an hour. I’ll aim to be in Norwich (Bird in Hand) approach by 4pm.

Note: numbers limited to 20.

This is the second of the Monthly Mid Week Runs, other dates planned are; 12th June, 10th July (I definitely need a stand in for this date), 14th August and 11th September.

Please see Beccles & Birds, our inaugural mid week run, for a photo of our intrepid band. It’s at the end of my initial post, after the list of names.

Let me know if you’d like to join us. Peter, Phil & Christine have already indicated this so your names appear below, let me know if I’ve got this wrong.

Any last minute issues contact me on; 07957 164906

Note; I will be attaching route directions, to this post in due course so do check in to this page nearer to the event. You can download and print off the navigation notes.

Cheers David (Holloway)

Those attending:

David

Ian

Laurie

Graham & Norman

Rona & Phil (meeting at Elveden)

Match Report.

Weather - wet!  Five (had to be that number) intrepids met at the start and took an initial detour from planned route as Laurie reported the A47 blocked to Thickthorn. So detouring through Cringleford to the Watton road we carried on as per plan. Rona and Phil joined us within seconds of us arriving at Elveden, our coffee stop - good timing.

After much needed coffee it was on to Bury via a slight diversion, hopefully you guys appreciated the trees along this route. Although sightseeing was limited for drivers as we checked for presence of puddles, lakes and pot holes. Our destination, Krazy Horse. We looked (no drooling allowed these were seriously good machines) at some amazing bikes then to the cafe. What a surprise, everyone ordered the special breakfast - which was eggcellent.

Over the road to Krazy Horse Morgan cars. This site ho9lds the Indian bike franchise as well as Morgans. Both displays had immaculate machines. I thought the visit was made all the more interesting by a technician who just stopped working and chatted to us about the cars. I’m sure he said that MX5 gearbox’s are used in the Roadsters although that has changed with BMW engines & box’s being used now.

A couple of cars headed for home whilst three of us used the ‘B’ roads back, saying goodbye to Rona & Phil at New Buckenham.

I really enjoyed the ‘run’ in spite of the weather. All the best. David

Please add me to the list. I have booked the day off work and I am looking forward to joining this run!

Ian

MX52 NEV

Hi Dave,

Could you add me to the list. As last time, I’ll need to leave off early.

Thanks,
Laurie

please add Graham and Norman to the list

Hi Guys,
You’re on the list.
David

David could you add Gary and Lorna to the Bikes and Burgers run,
Thanks Gary

Gary & Lorna - you’re on the list.

David

Can you put us down for this too

Cheers,

Rosalie and Kevin

Rosalie and Kevin
You’re on the list … welcome aboard.
David

David we are no longer able to do this run could you please take us off your list Gary and Lorna.
Sorry to mess you around.
Thanks Gary

Gary
Your names are off the run list.
David

Rona and Phil would like to be added to the list on this one please, we will pick up the convoy on route as it passes Attleborough.

Rona and Phil,
I replied via my wife’s ipad but fear the message is somewhere ‘in space’.
So here goes again - you’re on the list.
we are NOT going direct on A11. See attachment in my outline of the run and download/print off route. See where you can best join us and let me know. If you change your mind also let me know.
Cheers
David

Rona and Phil,
I replied via my wife’s ipad but fear the message is somewhere ‘in space’.
So here goes again - you’re on the list.
we are NOT going direct on A11. See attachment in my outline of the run and download/print off route. See where you can best join us and let me know. If you change your mind also let me know.
Cheers
David

Dave,

Ive checked your route, we will meet up with you at the Elveden stop so don’t worry about looking out for us , thanks anyway.

Rona & Phil
See you at Elveden Farm Estate CAFE about 10.45.

Would love to have joined you guys yesterday but just wasn’t well enough after my op last week, sounds like you had a good day in spite of the weather, perhaps it can go on the list for a run next year. Hopefully will be fit and well for next month where ever that might take us. Catch up soon Mick.

A few pictures of the shiny bits on the gorgeous bikes at Krazy Horse.

To anyone near to or visiting Bury St Edmunds, then a visit to their emporium is highly recommended.

Laurie

I’ll have that one!

A wet day but we turned out. Great at the bikes & cafe and awesome over the road with the Morgans and more bikes.

David-H

2 Likes