A drive & visit to The Selsey Arms, Chichester on Sunday 6th March 2020

Dear All,

Chris & Doug Phillips have kindly organised a drive for us, on Sunday 6th March to The Selsey Arms, West Dean, Chichester, West Sussex. PO18 0QX.

The drive will start at: Sainsbury’s Farlington, Fitzherbert Road, Portsmouth. PO6 1RR

Rendevous Time: 10:30, or a bit earlier if desired, as the store opens 10:00am :slightly_smiling_face:

Departure Time: 11:00

The venue has said they can accomodate between; 20 & 25 people in the Annex, which is centrally heated, so we should all be comfortable.

Chris & Doug had lunch there today and said it was excellent :yum: :+1:

We will run this event on a “first come - first served basis”, as per past events, in order to comply with the venues wishes.

Doug also said the pub has good beers on offer from The Gribble Brewery, based in Oving, West Sussex and also has West Dean Bitter as an alternative for your delectation - so if you fancy trying Gribble and West Dean Real Ales, you are in for a treatimage

The Selsey Arms has requested that food orders are to be provided ahead of the day, so we will be taking food orders via this Forum Thread only, so we can capture your choices on a spreadsheet, which we will send to the venue a couple of days ahead of the date. To this end a Menu is, as follows;

The closing date for attending this drive and lunch is: Thursday 3rd March 2022 - so be quick to reserve your place(s) :wink:

Payments, will either be on the day or before via PayPal - this is being finalised with the venue and we will post an update in the next day or two. We will also post an update on the drop-dead date for this one :wink:

Best Regards

Chris, Doug, Mal & Terry

1 Like

Good evening all,
My wife Sarah and I are new to the area and we’d be very keen to join you for this event. Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully meeting you on 6th March.
Best regards,
Dean & Sarah

Hi Sarah & Dean,

Great stuff, we look forward to you both joining us om the day. I am just posting an update for this one, so watch this space!

Best Regards

Mal

John & Patricia (subject to seeing menu)

Hi Mal, Terry, Chris and Doug,

Angela and I would have loved to go on this run, but unfortunately we are away on a holiday over that weekend.

Looking forward to meeting up with you another time.

Have a great run and a good lunch.

Regards,

Ron and Angela

An update to Post #1 in this thread has just been made, providing more info for you and the Selsey Arms Menu in order for you to make your meal choices.

Regards

Mal

Hi Ron & Angela,

Sorry you will not be joining us but have a great holiday :sun_with_face: :sunglasses:

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal, here are our menu requirements for March 6th:
Chris, roast beef and coconut rice pudding to follow
Doug, roast beef and stick toffee pudding to follow.
Wil forward payment in the usual way
All the best, Doug Phillips

Hi Chris & Doug,

Many thanks for your orders. I will add all that to the spreadsheet and I can confirm your PayPal payment has been received.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Sarah & Dean,

The Menu for this one is now provided in Post #1.

Please let me know your meal choices, if you are joining us fur lunch, and I will add them to the spreadsheet.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal, Doug & Christine,
On reflection if ok with you all Patricia & I will just do the drive to the venue only

Hi Patricia & John,

That is not a problem. Thank you for letting us know.

Regards

Mal

Hi Chris and Doug, Tony and I would like to come on this run please.
Menu choices - 1 x fish cake, 1 x fish and chips - Tony
1 x roast beef, 1 x sticky toffee pudding - Judy .
I’ve only got on this site by chance!! I really struggle with it, so can someone please let me know this has been received, thank you!! Judy

Received ok and food order noted.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,
Could we please order 2 x roast beef and 2 x chocolate mousse.
Many thanks
Dean & Sarah.

Hi Mal, Doug and Chris,
Val and Bob will be joining you and for lunch we would like to order
2 X fish cakes
2 X beef burger
Thanks
Bob

Many thanks Val, Bob, Sarah & Dean. I will get your choices added to the spreadsheet :+1:

Mal

Sue & I would love to come. What time do we meet up at Sainsburys?
Sue: Smoked Haddock Fishcake and a Steak Burger
Tim: Cheese soufflé and a lentil Burger
Will pay on the day.

Hi Sue & Tim,

Many thanks for your response. I have noted your orders on the master spreadsheet.

With respect to the meet up and start time, this is still being finalised with the leaders for this drive and will be posted very shortly.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

Please note the rendezvous point together with start and departure times added to Post #1