A run to Bourton on the Water

Following on from a conversation at the January meeting I am looking to organise a run to <st1:city w:st=“on”><st1:place w:st=“on”>Burton</st1:place></st1:city> on the Water. <o:p></o:p>

(motor museum, model village, bird land, lots of  tea & cake shops etc).<o:p></o:p>

As this will be the first run I have organised I will bring the details to the February meeting but was looking for some early feed back / suggestions.<o:p></o:p>

I was looking at doing the run on Sunday 19th February with a 09:45 meet up for a 10:00 Start<o:p></o:p>

As for the route I was thinking of a start point just of the M4 Junction 16 (Costa Coffee drive thru at <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:city w:st=“on”>Lydiard Field</st1:city> <st1:postalcode w:st=“on”>SN5 8UY</st1:postalcode></st1:place>)<o:p></o:p>

From there via <st1:street w:st=“on”><st1:address w:st=“on”>Hook Street</st1:address></st1:street> past Lydiard House to <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:placename w:st=“on”>Hook</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st=“on”>Village</st1:placetype></st1:place>, <o:p></o:p>

From Hook to Purton, <o:p></o:p>

Purton to Blunsdon Via <st1:street w:st=“on”><st1:address w:st=“on”>Cricklade Road</st1:address></st1:street> / <st1:street w:st=“on”><st1:address w:st=“on”>Packhorse Lane</st1:address></st1:street> / Tadpole lane.<o:p></o:p>

Blunsdon to Highworth Via B4019. <o:p></o:p>

Highworth to Lechlade on the A361.<o:p></o:p>

Maybe a break at the Lechlade garden centre.<o:p></o:p>

from Lechlade old A417 to Cirencester via Fairford, <o:p></o:p>

Cirencester to <st1:city w:st=“on”><st1:place w:st=“on”>Burton</st1:place></st1:city> - on - the - water on the A429.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

On the Motor museum web site they say that if you are arranging a group visit it may be worth booking Tea at the Royal British Legion as they have a private car park.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

As near as I can work out this is a 50 mile run and should take 1 hour and 40 mins not counting a break at Lechlade (about half way).<o:p></o:p>

If we get more than 10 people then there is a discount on entry to the museum but as it is less than £5 a head anyway that would seem to be by the by.<o:p></o:p>

I’ll go.

I’ll go also.

Ring the museum as they have parking for 8 to ten cars on there front entrance.

How about Lechlade-on-Thames, Burford, Great Barrington, The Rissingtons and then Bourton on the Water.

Neil I looked on the museum web site and they do have parking but only for;

‘free parking on the museum fore-front for 6-8 cars per group over the age of thirty years.’ so I will have to wait 8 years for that unless the drivers have to be over 30 in which case I could have gone over a decade ago.

Howie,

I know the road as far as Burford and beyond that looks good on Google Maps. I will do a route planner for each and let people choose at the meeting.

Thanks for the feed back Gents.

Run to the <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:placename w:st=“on”>Cotswold</st1:placename> <st1:placename w:st=“on”>Motor</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st=“on”>Museum</st1:placetype></st1:place>.

Start Time 09:45 for a 10:00 departure On Sunday 19th February.

Meeting place, Costa Coffee drive thru at <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:city w:st=“on”>Lydiard Field</st1:city> <st1:postalcode w:st=“on”>SN5 8UY</st1:postalcode></st1:place><o:p></o:p>

10:45 - Break at the Lechlade garden centre GL7 3DP<o:p></o:p>

12:00 arrive Bourton-on-the-Water

Dear Swindon Dad

I am from the S Wales (Eastern side)

I hope to attend if weather is permiting, I hope to meet up at Bourton-on-theWater.

Regards

SteveMc

Hi John, we may be up for this as Tina has never been to Burton OTW if ok we would join you at Costa in Swindon west?

John & Tina

Only if you bring Lightning McQueen Big Smile

Alas Lightning is currently undergoing some improvements and is currently resting (SORN) prior to his attempt at the Nurburgring Nordschleife fastest lap for a comedy car attempt in May…Sad 

We would be in Green Meanie - our last years` faithful Nurburgring contender and MX5OC 2012 calendar star for the month of MayWink 

I look forward to seeing you agian in whatever 5 you choose to bring, The more the merrier.

Steve,

We hope to be at Bourton-on-the-Water for about 12:00 noon. Most people seem to want to go to the Motor museum first but there is also the model village and plenty of cafes / pubs for lunch. Hope to see you there.

Just a reminder the run starts from the Costa Coffee drive thru just of junction 16 of the M4. Meet up at 09:45 for a 10:00 ish departure.

All welcome.

John

Sorry I’m not able to be with you Cry have fun & behave Wink. See you all next month

Thanks to John

A great day out, and good weather.

and a bit of grass track racingWink

A very good day out to a lovely destination, met some great new faces a big thanks to John for organising the run and everyone for making us feel very welcome on the wrong side of the bridgeWink Thumbs up

Dr.& Mrs EunosGeekBig Smile

was a great day out, i will have to come along to these runs more often, especially for the grass track racing Stick Tongue Out

Suprised you took yours ‘off road’ Neil Stick Tongue Out