A visit to The Isle of Wight ***Moved to June 2022***

Hi Mal

Please add 1 more MX5 to the IOW trip. It’s my Brother in Law Chris and his wife Trudy. They have just joined the MX OC and they have my old MX5 2.5.

They are now trying to book the crossing

Bernie

Bernie,

Brilliant, many thanks for letting me know. They will be most welcome and make sure they know about the discounts and they will be all set.

I will add them to my hit list :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

Thanks Mal

How many cars do we have so far now?

Bernie

South Central have about 6 cars booked for the ferry but we are doing an early morning drive with a breakfast stop elsewhere, will meet up with everyone at the White Mouse between 10.00am and 10.30am

Great stuff, will be good to see South Central there. I will do a car count and post on his thread the total number of cars that I know about going over to the island. When I get back from the school run😉

To answer Bernie’s question, here is the list of cars I have to date;

If anyone knows differently, or does not appear on my list, email me at: mal.rowland@mx5oc.co.uk

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,
Sorry to inform you, John & I will not be joining you all as we are away celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary, however because we have booked the IOW ferry we will be on the island but unable to join you…

Hi Pat & John,
Many thanks for letting me know and have a fabulous 3rd Wedding Anniversary.
Kind Regards
Mal

Hopefully we will still be able to do the IOW visit, but if it has to be cancelled, It is only a £5 cancellation fee with Wightlink for those whom have paid. The booking can be cancelled up to 24 hours of the departure, so quite last minute decision can be made. Not sure of Red Funnels policy on refunds. Good to know anyway.

1 Like

Many thanks for that update Bernie. Yes, only £5 for cancelling Wightlink, as you say and I dont know about Red Funnel.

Hopefully, we can go ahead but at least the 24 hour cancellation rule gives us time to consider.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Dear All,

Please see below an email I received today from Darren & Kerry on the IOW.

Hi Mal et al.
We are currently healthy, however the number of confirmed cases on the Isle of Wight has risen from 3 to 8 overnight. Worrying times!
Given that we may all be in isolation for many weeks, and a lot of people will have reduced disposable income this summer, I propose we postpone the event for a whole year to June 2021. I’m completely open to alternative suggestions though.
Hope everyone is staying well, and I also hope you are all using the good weather this week to polish your cars before it is back to being overcast next week!
Darren.

I duly went back to Darren and Kerry and said that, I was pleased they had stated that it may be best to defer until June 2021, as that was exactly my thoughts on the issue but I didn’t want to railroad them into postponing. However, it’s the sensible option to defer until June 2021 with what is going on currently and hopefully this sorry Covid-19 saga will be a distant memory by then :thinking:

Certainly, Wightlink say there is only a £5 cancellation fee, as stated in Bernie’s earlier post on this thread. I am just about to find out how much it costs, if anything, to cancel our Red Funnel Booking and will post an update on here.

We are very sorry it has come to this, as Serena and I were looking forward to a few days in the IOW and had booked a hotel from the Friday until the Sunday to make a long weekend of it and enjoy the gathering with everyone on Sunday 7th June - best made plans and all that :roll_eyes:

Best Regards to all and stay well :wink:

Mal & Serena

Hi again everyone,

By way of an update, Darren has come back to me this morning and he has amended the flyers he had produced for our IOW gathering in June this year to reflect the new date of 7th June 2021 (copy attached).

So, a new date to go on your calendars for next year already :+1: :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Following on from my previous post on the cancellation of Ferry Bookings, for those travelling via Red Funnel the cost of cancellation is 50% of the booking amount. Therefore, the best way ahead, now the event has been postponed until Sunday 6th June 2021, is to amend your booking to the new date.

Best Regards

Mal

@Malski21 @Darren_MZ
John & Me have today rebooked our original booking with wightlink to 6-6-2021 and best of all we are £5.21 in credit…

1 Like

For those of us that received a full refund from Wightlink will you please re-negotiate a discount again nearer the time?
Thanks, and see you in 2021
:grin: :grin:

1 Like

@Dipstick, Hi Alan we just kept rebooking once the drive was cancelled, first out to December 2020 and now to 6th June 2021…

Dipstick/Fjohnw,

Many thanks for your responses on here. We are just keeping our powder dry at the moment, before going any further with this event. Serena and I moved our booking from 2020 to the revised 2021 dates also and its good to see that John & Patricia have also succeeded in doing this.

Alan - Yes, I will try to see if we can get a re-negotiate a discount, once we are happy that the event will go ahead.

Best Regards

Mal

3 Likes

Thanks Mal

@Malski21, should your post read 2020 to 2021?

Looks ok to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good spot John, all sorted now :+1:

1 Like