a wiki

Right,
 I’m sticking my neck out here.

We’ve got our shiny new forum and we need to somehow get all the knowledge off the old one.  Lets have a wiki.

you can search it quicker than a forum, you can edit and update stuff miles easier, it’d be a very nice addition to a fresh start.

if you dont, I’ll create an unofficial one :stuck_out_tongue:

Opinions/criticism?

Go for it mate

ok will do.
 be nice if we could get some collaboration with Mx5nutz and also some detailled technical info from the likes of WIM and Phil at P5.  
 I’ll look into installing the relevant bits and post back here.
 G

I think that it is a good idea, but is it really necessery?

If somebody asks how to change a cam belt, and somebody posts a response with pictues or whatever, then a mod (or the poster) can edit it, and it can be made in to a sticky/FAQ

There is a lot of extra modertation work involved with wikis, because they are so much easier to change.

Right now, the mods can pretty much forget about the FAQs since they cannot be edited.

It is a good idea though, but also keeping in mind the information available at Miata.net’s garage.
We are probably better working with such sites, rather than trying to compete with them.

Good point re moderating Ramsey. A wiki is only as good as the people contributing, some of the things that have been said on the old forum, over the years, have been dangerous advice from people who do not know what they are talking about. If the op wants to have a wiki then fine, but I doubt that the mods on here will have anything to do with it, I certainly won’t.  

I think its a good idea for getting all of the archive of technical info in one place.

I think it’s a very good idea, but the “risk of vandalism” is a good point. Perhaps a fully moderated wiki, either using the same logins as the forum, or perhaps requiring all edits to be approved by a moderator before becoming permanent.

At the risk of repeating myself, I did suggest something along the lines of the Mondeo one - http://www.fordmondeo.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page - but the idea didn’t get very far (i.e. shot down).
Good luck! [*-)]