Abbey cwm Hir visit: 17th November

We now have 28 people interested in visiting The Hall at Abbey cwm hir on 17th November.  I have emailed Paul at the Hall to make sure he is happy with this number and am awaiting his reply.

Those on the list are:

Wayne and Pat

William and Gillian

Jim and Dawn

Chris and Christine

John and Wendy

Roy and Lynn

Norman and Johanna

Ben and Marge

Mark and Lisa

Neil and Debs

Tim and Julie

Allan and Victoria   (Can you please confirm whether Bob wishes to join us?)

Jan and Alan

Mike and Margaret.

Just a reminder that as the Hall is a family home, visitors are requested to remove outdoor shoes. (You can bring slippers if you wish.)

Some people were interested in a lunch after the tour.  It is proving difficult to organise this with such a large group, so I suggest we each make our own arrangements, allowing 2 hours or so for the tour.  Paul recommends either The Metropole Hotel in Llandrindod Wells 01597 823700, or The Severn Arms in Penybont 01597 851224.  There are also quite a few smaller pubs within a few miles which would take individual bookings.  Alternatively, tea or coffee and a mince pie can be purchased after the tour for £2.50 a head.  Please let me know if you would like this as I will need to advise Paul.

I will be paying the deposit in about a week and will assume all the above will be attending if I don’t hear otherwise.  Should you need to contact me for more information, you can reach me by email (alanandjan@john-lewis.com).

Looking forward to seeing you all.  I suggest we arrive by 10.45 for the tour to start at 11am.

Best wishes

Alan

Alan / Jan

Thanks for organising. Very unusual and interesting house / tour guide.

Cheers

Mark and Lisa

Thanks  Alan and Jan for an interesting tour of Abbey Cwn Hir. Will go back in the summer ! Sounds like a run.

Chris & Christine.

Alan and Jan 

Thanks for a lovely tour of a lovely house 

and hope we can get back in the summer 

Yours William and Gillian 

Thank you for organising our visit of the Hall at Abbey Cwm Hir today.

An interesting house for sure.

Best regards

Neil & Debbie 

Hi Alan & Jan

Thank you both for organising a fabulous day out. We hope to return sometime in the Summer to see the gardens. It brightened up a otherwise dull day.

Thank you again 

Lynn & Roy 

Alan and Jan,

A big thank you for giving Dawn and I our first opportunity to wear our Xmas 2019 jumpers of jollity. A challenging journey but well worth the effort upon being so well entertained by Paul the joint owner of Abbey Cwm Hir. So many rooms, so many tales to tell. 

As others have commented we really must make a return journey when the daylight hours are longer and the weather a bit drier!  

Jim and Dawn.

Hi to all who made it to The Hall at Abbey cwm Hir. From the comments on the day and postings since, it was worth the ‘challenging’ journey - full marks to everyone who met the challenge. (Jan and I went through at least 5 “Road Closed” barriers in the hope that they wasn’t actually closed, and the underneath of the MX got a really good wash). We will certainly consider a Spring or Summer return visit for a picnic in the gardens. Thanks again to everyone.
Alan and Jan

Thanks for a great day, would love to go back in the summer???. Julie and Tim