ABS DSC and all that

I am going to start this discussion with a brief question but understand the answer is possibly more complicated than it first appears.

Can I introduce/install DSC to a standard MX5.

I have a Bog standard '07 MX5, nice but no frills, very broken 1.8 engine, low miles and tidy albeit not running, actually still MoT’d.

I also have a '07 Sport Roadster, high millage (like 240K) rotted out, no usable subs or chassis, but complete.

It is my intention to rebuild the Sport 2.0 litre engine and install it in place of the 1.8 in the std car.

Both the gearbox’s are 5 speed so no advantage there.

I have what appears to be a complete set of Sport’s springs I can see not damage on first inspection, but lets assume they are sound.

The Sport has a DSC switch, the std car does not!

Because the ECU has to follow the engine I also need to transfer the security, keys, id, and remote locking. However if I want to add the DSC switch to the Std car what else must I carry over to enable the DSC to function? ABS processor, ABS valve block???

The Sport is to be stripped and scrapped so the loom will be extracted… do I ned to install the loom from the Sport into the std car?

What do you technical wizards think is it possible and what do I need to do.

I should point out I like doing these sort of projects so the advise to go out and buy a good Sport Roadster car, is a get out not a solution. I have the time the skills and the space to complete this project just not the MX5 know how, which is where you guys and galls come in.

I will watch with interest in your responses.

JohnC

I suggest you contact Paul Roddison in Sheffield (number found easily online) he rips these cars apart daily and races them, he’ll know what’s what. :ok_hand:

Wheel speed sensors, steering angle sensor and yaw sensor?

Yes I think you are correct … this link answers a lot of my questions…

MX5 DSC Diagram

The Combined sensor under the driver elbow (RH Drive) gives the Yaw and acceleration.

The steering angle sense the wheel direction.

I need to inspect the Std car to see if the loom contains the cables needed to connect them in.