Accommodation

2011 MX5 Spring Rally

<o:p> </o:p>

Accommodation<o:p></o:p>

We plan on running a coach from the Hilton and Holiday Inn to the Hopfarm for the dinner on Saturday night.  Please book your seats on the coach when booking for the dinner.

The Hopfarm Campsite.  This is located next to the rally field.  See The Hopfarm web site for more information.

Tel: Touring Reception 01892 838161 or email touring@thehopfarm.co.uk, Quote “MX5Rally” £10 per night per tent, plus £4 per night for electric hook-up.

The Hilton Hotel, <st1:place w:st=“on”>Maidstone</st1:place> ME14 5AA.  (M20/J7) Booking via the Hilton website preferred. Quote “GMXOA” £85 per room per night B&B for 2 nights, or £95 per room per night B&B for 1 night.  Supplement of £25 per night for Deluxe Room.   If you have mobility problems request an “easy access rooms” which are located on the ground floor, there is no lift.  Tel 01622 734322.

The Holiday Inn (Sevenoaks/Maidstone) at Wrotham Heath TN15 7RS (M26/J2a).  To book Tel 0871 9429054 Option 1 for reservations.  Quote “X54” £89 per room per night B&B.

For further Hotel, B&B and campsites in the area please see www.visitkent.co.uk or www.tour-maidstone.com .  The nearest Premier Inn is Premier Inn Wateringbury ME18 5NS

I have spoken to both hotels and the campsite in the last few days - rooms are going fast but there is still available at both hotels for all nights over the weekend, the HIlton has limited availablity for Sunday night.  The hotel prices quoted below are at a discount over the holtels normal B&B rate.    The hotels only allocate upto 80% capacity to groups.  <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Please note that our rates (when quoting the booking reference) are available under the hotels normal booking policy ie you don’t pay until the weekend and you can cancel without charge up until around 24hours before hand (please check exact terms with the relevant hotel).  From time to time the Hotel Groups do run other promotional offers but these come with restrictions such as having to pay in full at the time of making the booking and no refunds in the event of cancelation.

<o:p>I will update this post as any night becomes full at either hotel.</o:p>

Regards<o:p></o:p>

Sandra

(accommodation)<o:p></o:p>

Accommodation - Spring Rally 2011<o:p></o:p>

We plan on running a coach from the Hilton and Holiday Inn to the Hopfarm for the dinner on Saturday night.  Please book your seats on the coach when booking for the dinner.

We have negotiated a group booking discount at the Hopfarm Campsite, The Holiday Inn and The Hilton.

The Hopfarm Campsite.  This is located next to the rally field.  See The Hopfarm web site for more information.

Tel: Touring Reception 01892 838161 or email touring@thehopfarm.co.uk, Quote “MX5Rally” £10 per night per tent, plus £4 per night for electric hook-up.

<o:p></o:p>The Holiday Inn (Sevenoaks/Maidstone) <st1:place w:st=“on”><st1:city w:st=“on”>London</st1:city></st1:place> Rd, Wrotham Heath TN15 7RS (A20 at M26/J2a).  Approx 8.5miles (15mins) from The Hopfarm.  To book contact the hotel on Tel 0871 9429054 Option 1 for reservations.  Quote Booking Ref “X54” £89 per room per night B&B. 

The Hilton Hotel, <st1:address w:st=“on”><st1:street w:st=“on”>Bearsted Rd</st1:street>, <st1:city w:st=“on”>Maidstone</st1:city> <st1:postalcode w:st=“on”>ME14 5AA</st1:postalcode></st1:address>.  (A249 near M20/J7) Approx 15 miles (30mins) from The Hopfarm. Booking via the Hilton Maidstone website preferred www.hilton.co.uk/maidstone but telephone bookings are also accepted.  Booking Code “GMXOA” £85 per room per night B&B for 2 nights, or £95 per room per night B&B for 1 night.  Supplement of £25 per night for Deluxe Room.   If you have mobility problems request an “easy access rooms” which are located on the ground floor, there is no lift.  The Hilton Maidstone number is Tel 01622 734322 for telephone bookings etc.

<o:p> </o:p>For further Hotel, B&B and campsites in the area please see www.visitkent.co.uk or www.tour-maidstone.com .

The nearest Premier Inn is Premier Inn Wateringbury ME18 5NS which is approx 5miles from The Hopfarm.  The next closest are Premier Inn Tonbridge TN11 0AN which is approx 6.5miles and Premier Inn Sevenoaks/Maidstone TN15 7RX is approx 8.5miles.  The Premier Inns offer good discounts for early booking.

Hi

Our accommodation is booked, and it will be our first visit to Kent.

Bill is a bit of a train freak, so you can guess which run we’ll be doing.Rolling eyes

Looking forward to it.

Sue

Hi Bill and Sue

Brilliant well if you are into trains there is plenty to see in Kent, you may wish to visit the Euro Tunnel centre as well very interesting.

We look forward to seeing you both

Thanks

Sarah

You may also be interested in visiting The Bluebell Railway as well - about 30 min drive from Hopfarm.

Sandra

Has anyone booked into the Langley Hotel for the rally?

Were in the Ramada Jarvis, Maidstone (courtesy of Tesco’s)Smile

Hi Bill & Sue,

The Ramada looks very nice even a chance of a cheeky swim.Thumbs up

Hi Andy, Bill and Sue

Looking forward to seeing you all at the Rally, the Ramada Jarvis nice hotel, have used the Gym there very nice, have fun and see you at the Rally

Best Wishes

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Thanks Sarah, looking forward to it

Cheers

ANDy

We are now booked into the Holiday Inn.

Hiya Andy, Bill and Sue

Glad you all got booked in, I know that rooms are running out fast so glad you got booked up okay.

See you all soon

Best Wishes

Sarah xxxx

Andy and I will be at the Holiday Inn bar on the Friday evening and will also be there on the Sat evening to make sure you all get the coach to the Hoppers Supper!

The Dutch MX5 are staying there too

I pop in there a couple of days a week on way home from work as I am a member of the gym and there is a lovely warm swiming pool too!

I have no idea why I booked were I booked, can’t remember Confused but I booked to stay at Premier Inn Maidstone (Leybourne) back in September. I’ve paid £65 for B&B. Mapquest says we’re about 15 mins drive away from The Hop Farm.

Hi Vicky

Not sure what you need from us your comment above does not explain, we have been advertising for a year either in STHT or forum that the coaches are only going from two hotels, Holiday Inn and Hilton, we cannot unfortunately run coaches from every hotel sorry. 15 mins drive is not far to drive in a lovely MX-5 car.Smile

Thanks

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Hi, I dont’t “need” anything Big Smile People above are mentioning other hotels in the area so I just had a look at where I’d booked yesterday. It’s not far away and is twenty quid cheaper than the others. That’s probabaly why I booked it Big Smile I’m coming down to attend the rally on the Sunday in my car, not interested in coaches Big Smile

Hi Vicky

Glad you are happy thats the main thing and looking forward to everyone coming, people staying all over the area, lets hope it is the heatwave we are having in the South East  and we should have lots of fun

See you soon

All the best {#emotions_dlg.smile}

Sarah (Mazda chick)

Vicky

Premier Inn (Leybourne) ME19 5TR is just of M20 J4 and the A228.  For the Hop Farm follow A228 for Paddock Wood - there are brown tourist signs all the way - show old fashioned farm cart (as in horse and cart)

Hello All

Sam and I are staying at the Village Hotel Maidstone on the 21st. But we are not going to the dinner, so if anybody is going to the Village to stay over night perhaps we can meet up for a drink/chat.Big Smile Sam will have a boneDog if not have fun and see you at the meet.

Tez and Sam Dog