Advice for a newbie to MX-5 ownership

Anyone got any opinion as to why this would appear to be at such a lower price than any other car? Spec seems normal, mileage is good, condition seems very good. Never bought a car from anything like a Cazoo before so pretty nervous about doing so. Only thing not apparent is number of owners.

Go for it. I had the same model, great spec. Mine was snowflake white, popped in sunlight. 7 day return if not happy.

1 Like

Edit. Scrap that, mine was the top spec GT SportNav+. This is one below that I believe.

Previous owners is 4 according to the Cazoo website

Cazoo - Mazda MX-5

Thanks

1 Like

Very helpful, and yes you’re right, that’s the car. 4 owners in under 4 years properly puts me off, especially as I know I’ll only be keeping it for a year or so, might be hard to sell as a 5 owner car in 5 years.

MX-5’s often have a higher owner/age ratio than some cars as people buy them to scratch an itch and may only keep them a year/season. One of these may be a pre-reg too, as ever buy an MX-5 on condition/service evidence which may not be so viable on a distance sale.

1 Like

I never bought a car from distance and have it delivered unseen. I always have gone over to see it with my own eyes and drive it.

Big difference between a purchase from a registered company or individual. If you buy from a company you have a legal right to return it if its a lemon or develop a fault (within a month). Most companies also offer warrantee towards any mechanical problems from purchase date.

If you buy private its obviously cheaper but you buy whatever car is Infront of you and you will be stuck with it, so triple check stuff.
Be aware that individuals who sell cars on the side may not class as traders but may be asking trade prices.

RAC check with the vin if the vehicle I’m looking is a potential purchase. Previous owners never bothered me as long as previous owners were not of the botched up type.

Well… I never met an mx5 owner who doesn’t love their car so if you buy one we shall see about that… :joy:

A year or so until the new car arrives!

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated from all of you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.