After market alloys.....again

1. My model of MX-5 is: _NC
  2. I’m based near: _East Sussex
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: _Replacement wheel sizing

So, I’ve been scouring ebay for weeks thinking I may be able to pick up some used wheels but what people are asking for used rims is ridiculous - even scabby, kerbed to death ones seem to be up for silly prices.

However, I’ve seen some really nice quality wheels (new) on a “deal” (17x7.5 ET42) but am a bit worried that these would, with a 215 width tyre on it, push the envelope size wise. They don’t have a 7 inch width rim in this style.

Alternatively I could look for 16" rims on the same or different width/offset.

My car is due to get some meisters in couple of weeks so I am keen to have the suspension set up with the new wheels.

Any views on sizing or should I just not rush into this and get some decent tyres (currently ditchfinders that came with the car) on the standard 16s and get the 17’s later once I’be had a chance to try the meisters for a bit?

That’s exactly the same specs as I run on my NC2 no problems whatsoever ,you’re goo to go.:+1:

Good to go sorry for the typo😁

LOL thanks Cpt!!

I have 17X7.5 with 215s and 45 offset and fill the arches very nicely ( I’m also lowered 30mm )

3 Likes

Looks great. I’m thinking that an ET42 means the wheel rims sit 3mm further out right?

I am also looking for a c 30mm drop so do you think that the extra 3mm would make a difference on your set up or still okay?

I believe the standard 16s were 55 offset, so a 42 would be 13mm further out, or 3mm more than mine , mine were available as a 40 or 45 so assume 42 to be fine.

You don’t run into trouble till you go below 40.

Are these the Bola B1s? These are the exact wheels I want to fit to my NC. I’m delighted to see how good they look on yours!

Yep, in gunmetal, I wanted the B1R but they are out of stock and no date, but still love these , just need black bolts

Yeah I’m hopefully going to get the B1Rs due to the slight weight saving (also in gunmetal), but I was planning to buy them this week so need to see what the stock situation is.

The NC is 5x114.3 stud pattern right?

1 Like

Yes it is

I love the hyper black , but these were the only ones I could get and just couldn’t be bothered waiting, I like gunmetal anyway

My car is the light silver (is it liquid silver?). I’m not sure what yours is as it looks darker in your photo but I think the gunmetal suits it better than the black anyway tbh.

That might be the one click processing in the app, mine is a metallic silver , pretty standard silver to my eyes

This pic straight from phone

Thanks for the reassurance all. I have ordered up some Buddy Club F91 Kuroki Wheels to go on when I get the Meisters installed. I’ve gone for the modern look as per the Bola’s.

Found a set of black/bronze ones for GREAT price. :slight_smile:

Will post pics once on.

1 Like

![20210420_160222|666x500](upload://m0kqNLlNKThraIrG4sBUiVMUFlr.jp

Still need to get the stance sorted but a good first step methinks…