Aftermarket TPMS Sensors

I’ve just bought myself a set of aftermarket TPMS sensors for my NC. They were talking about them on the Gadget Show the other night and after a bit of research I bit the bullet and ordered some. Not wanting a separate display stuck to the top of my dashboard I chose a set that I could use via a smartphone app - see screenshot. They aren’t the sort that need fitting to the rims these just replace your ordinary valve caps.
Well they work and I also get a reassuring audible alert from my phone when the pressure in any tyre falls below a limit that I can set.
The downside is that you have to remember to start the app before you drive off - not so good. They’re also a bit odd looking and perhaps quite nickable, not that they would be any good to anyone as each one has a unique code that you need before you can pair them with the app.
I’m already not sure they’re going to be worth the hassle, but I’m giving them a chance. Has anyone else bought a set and if so how did you get on with them?

2 Likes

Update…

Did my first long journey at the weekend since I fitted these. I got several false alerts saying tyres were losing pressure but on investigation all was ok. I had to come off the M6 on one occasion and wasn’t best pleased!
I’m sending them back, not worth the hassle fiddling about with them :-1: Oh well, one to put down to experience.

2 Likes