Air con needed 🥵

After being stuck in traffic a few times… and sweated my body print onto the seat I’ve decided I want air con…

6 Likes

Lol,it does get hot roof up or down without ac

2 Likes

It makes zero difference

Cloth seats needed! I hate my leather seats TBH

3 Likes

Got.them ! Still sweaty :joy:

On a hot day, it’s very nice to have chilled air blowing at you, even with the roof down :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeh I agree,it’s a good thing this is unusual weather for us
You can retro fit ac but I remember making enquiries when I had mine and it was expensive!

1 Like

Much simpler to upgrade the car to one with aircon.

If you can find one at a good price and sell at a good price, it may not cost that much.

2 Likes

We went up into Yorkshire dales on Thursday, it was SCORCHING :hot_face:,
My mates were well jel when I put the roof up and aircon on for the return journey :flushed::hot_face::hot_face::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I was out in my rf , roof down air con on and it was perfect :grinning:

2 Likes

Black leather interior, baking sun and wearing shorts… be careful!!
Rob

2 Likes

About 1k I. Looking at.

1 Like

I cannot afford to just upgrade the car… I just got this one and it took me 2 years to save for.it…

Just a suggestion, try sourcing the parts needed second hand off eBay and other outlets? That should hopefully keep costs down and then you have to obviously fit it all within a budget. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Hmm, just a re-gas costs £60, and none of the parts are cheap.

I’ve just done a very quick non-exhaustive dip into possibilities, just in case my broken aircon is more than simply 13 years of slow leakage brought to a head by 35C air temp yesterday. Ouch.

It’s scary with prices all over the place, and I just don’t have the time or inclination to chase down every last penny on second hand bits hoping they will be in better nick than my immaculately clean low mileage bits.

If my local Kwikfit can’t re-gas mine on Wednesday I’ll wait until the service in Sept and bite the bullet, ouch again, and get the dealer to fix it properly with guarantee.

3 Likes

Trouble is I have zero clue what I need… but mx5 parts have full kits…

Hi Amber… Hope you are doing okay! If you give MX-5 Parts the details of your car, chassis number, registration number, they should be able to tell you the parts needed for the a/c install…
Rob

1 Like

I’d say that’s a good price,especially if your going to keep the car long term

2 Likes

Hopefully just a re gas ,
Did mine last month :+1:t3::+1:t3:

2 Likes

I’m well! Just sweating! Hope you’re good… and I shall do… as I really would like AC…