Alarm and door locking sytem

I have a problem with my 1992 Eunos Mk1 . The alarm and locking system no longer works using the key fob. I have fitted a new battery ion the key fob and still doesn’t work, so I have to use the key to lock the doors. I wondered if it could be a broken fuze somewhere, but I don’t know where to look for the particular fuze. Any help would be appreciated.

First off it will be and aftermarket added system, not a factory fit, which system is it? it sounds like the actuator /s needs adjustment or one is starting to fail with an incorrect travel causing bounce.
Depending on the system most use a two wire slave in the passenger and a 5 wire master in the drivers but some kits use 5 wires on both sides which is important if the actuator does need swapping out and are not expensive and easy to do, but my money is on adjustment…

Most systems use these…

M-m

I don’t know which system it is so I will have a look and try to find out tomorrow. thank you everyone for taking the trouble to reply.

Alan

This is an old, dealer fitted alarm/immobiliser. The car is 30 years old, so I imagine the dealer fitted system is 20+ years old. These systems fail when they get old, 10+ years and either need replacing or removing.
I suggest you remove it unless you feel security is an issue, in which case, replace.

Alan can you contact me please buddy.
M-m

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.