Alarm Gremlins MK3

Hi Guys

After my winter storage have noticed a couple of times that when I park the car up the alarm starts sounding.

Have managed to stop it by disabling the interior sensor using the button on the flip key.  This would point to the interior sensor having an intermitant fault but strangely enough when I park it on my driveway I cannot replicate the fault.

Have had a look but I cannot see where the interior sensor is in the cabin.

Anybody else had similar problems?

All indications appear normal I.e one flash of indicators for locked, two for open and three for interior sensor disabled.

Not leaving a wifi enabled device in there are you?, mine has the same issue but I narrowed it down to me leaving my phone in there and as soon as the phone searches for a wifi signal bang the alarm goes off.

Hi no I haven’t . Thanks for the suggestion and logical. Did wonder if leaving a charger in there was having any effect but have removed it.

Now noticed the indicator lamps are not flashing as they should. Wonder if one of the door/boot/bonnet switches are intermittent

The search goes on?.

The interior sensor is a microwave type and is just behind/under the centre storage box between the seats.

Thanks Robbie

Strange one this.

Although the locking functions are working I am not getting the confirm indications on the hazard lights eg one flash for locked, two for open and three for interior sensor disabled.

I have checked the obvious door contacts and the bonnet ( visually only on bonnet) and everything seems ok. Later today I intend to disconnect. The battery to see if that resets the gremlins.

At one stage yesterday the indications were working.

I wonder if he lack of indication is the system saying that not all doors are shut or suchlike.

Cheers

Mike

Help

I am beginning to think that there might be a problem with the keyless control module and it sounds expensive!

I can remotely lock and unlock the doors with both keys.

If I drop both windows and lock the door I can open the bonnet and no alarm. No alarm leaning in with the car locked. No flash of hazard lights when locking unlocking.

No other electric problems or issues. Fixed water ingress from scuttle fixings some time ago no evidence of any corrosion or water issues in passenger footwell.

Looks like a visit to the Mazda dealer unless anyone has experienced this and found a simple answer?

Does sound like a strange one, I’ve not experienced any alarm issues on the NC so can’t offer any advice from experience I’m afraid. If the indicators don’t flash on locking, I think that indicates something is not as it should be (bonnet or boot open for example) so the alarm will not be armed.

On a working system, if you lock the doors with the boot open, the indicators don’t flash until you shut the boot.

On the way to solving.

Robbie gave me the clue.

Little microswitch on bonnet catch mechanism operated as the loop on the bonnet drops into the catch. There is a connector just to the left of the bonnet catch under the bodywork.

Pressed the catch with a screwdriver to move it to the closed position switch operated but open circuit. Used a lead with small croc clips to short car side of connector to simulate closed switch. Then car locked and correct indications on the hazard lights.

Now it’s a little microswitch that’s gone but of course Mazda only sell the whole bonnet catch unit with security switch for £88 plus vat. I will look for a one from a breakers or perhaps see if I can fit a similar microswitch.

Anyway on the way methinks

Thanks Robbie

Had exactly same thing today, got home after the SWM drive and alarm went off about a minute after getting in the house. Thought strange never done that before and opened the car to shut off the alarm then realised i had left my phone on the passenger seat.