Alignment check / Exhaust

Recently bought an early (91) NA 1.6 import, I’ve just been driving it to identify any niggles, plan is to enjoy it over the summer and then start into some winter improvements and rot proofing.

Ride height seems to have been lowered, running about 31cm (arch to wheel centre at the front) so that seems to about -30mm from standard?  No idea what the springs are, shocks are Anschler which seems to be not great.  Ride quality is tolerable when pushing on but pretty harsh for normal wife-carrying Sunday runs,  biggest problem being I get a fair wobble in the rear over 60mph; suspect its a wheel balance and alignment issue.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a garage familiar with MX’s who could balance the tyre (easy) and set me up properly with 4 wheel laser alignment and put on a nice fast road suspension setup?  Ideally local to Lisburn/Craigavon or Newtownabbey directions.

After that the priority would be exhaust - backbox and mid section is fine-ish, but there’s a bodged decat / plain section (would my car have had a cat given its a 91 import?) which is considerably narrower in diameter than the rest of the setup.  I’d like to get a manifold-back system with a nice note, nothing too sporty - has anyone local got something they’d like to sell or are there any traders people would recommend?

Hi,

Regarding the alignment check, see my earlier post about Street Racer in Bangor. http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst86212_4-wheel-alignment-by-Street-Racer--Bangor-N-Ireland.aspx

They would be able to do all the work that you have mentioned including the springs and shocks and also fabricate stainless steel exhausts to your own requirements. They have the very latest in 4 wheel alignment equipment and are not too hard to pay.

Steven