Am I wasting my time fitting lowering springs

I was recently in the same position as the thread maker.
I didn’t want to fit coilovers because it was a new concept to me and I would defiantly have to tell the insurance company.

so I tried to go for lower springs HOWEVER, none of the spring kits that I looked at would tell what my ride height would be after fitting! and for me, that was a big issue.

now months later I know a bit more about things.
basically, I was worried that I could put 30mil lowing springs on and find my ride height was actually higher than I started!
(turns out this worry only really applies to very early NC1’s that came out of the factory at 400mil ride height, and in the 15 years that they have sat on those springs the ride height has dropped by over 30mil! )

ok moving along,
lowering springs versus coil-overs
lowering springs are cheaper BUT once the job is done you gave got what you’ve got and that’s it!
there are no adjustments!

coil-overs are more expensive but if there is something you don’t like, you can adjust it!
ride height, damping, spring bounce!

now i put the meister zeta crd coil-overs on mine and they seem to be the favorite choice among the members of this forum.
they are good quality, and the ride is almost exactly the same as the very comfortable stock suspension and that is out of the box with 8 to 10 clicks on the damping.
my 5 is a daily driver I started at 8 clicks (from soft) went to 12 clicks and am now back to 10 clicks and it is a fantastic ride.

not sure if linking this will help but maybe it will.
have a read through my suspension thread and see what you think.
i um’d and ar’d all over the place so just about every angle is covered
20mil drop without cuting or adjustable coilovers?.

1 Like