Another Cobalt and ISE delete.

Time for a touch of year end fettling yesterday, Cobalt back box to pop on and replacement of the Induction Sound Enhancer with the delete kit (or the standard elbow piece fitted to cars without this ridiculous mish mash).

Rear end up, spot the soapy water spray bottle which makes shifting the rubbers super easy.

Back box in place.

New rubber elbow next to bits to be removed.

Comparison between what comes off and the new elbow.

Bulkhead hole where resulting noise enters the cabin…

Now blanked.

Ian,

Cobalt looks good, maybe early days how are you finding it compared to standard?

I too have done the ISE delete, subtle but noticeable (maybe placebo)

Also , what ramps are those ? Can you drive straight on them ?  

Ramps are these:

https://cjautosheywood.co.uk/product/adjustable-car-ramps-cr02/ 

You can reverse on to them no problem, for the ND front on you will need a pre ramp to get the plastic splittery things over the middle without catching.

The Cobalt sounds good so far for the two miles I have driven with it  hopefully increase that soon, definitely better than standard.

The Cobalt may or may not be a temporary fix, I’ll see how it sounds after a 1000 miles. I have been running a Good-Win Super Street with removable baffle until now, that’s an awesome back box. The only slight fly in the ointment is that the baffle has a mild steel bolt to secure it which has succumbed to the British environment and snapped off leaving the baffle to rattle in the tail pipe, slightly annoying… I’ll get the GWR SST repaired (new higher quality steel retaining bolt) and sell either it or the Cobalt. Either is better than the original  At least it’s only an easy 30 min job to change out the back box.

I removed mine and realised how quiet the cabin had got when I suddenly found that I could here the intermittent wipe relay clicking when driving in rain.

That’s when I discovered I needed to hear the exhaust and not the sound-piped music and bought and fitted a Cobalt.  Love the sound.