Any members in Leicester (area)

Are there any menbers in the midlands area? Iv seen a nice MX5 on ebay and the seller would prefer someone to look at it. Im afarid in mstuck in Wales in ock down so i cant escape! (we have police on the borders!!!). All i can tell is the paint is abit rough. Hes a very nice chap. he did a video walk around but getting on your knees is the only way to see if it OK. No worries if no one is out thee. Just thought id ask.
David

please forgive my typing skills

Also a few MOT advisory’s on the anti roll bars. Just FYI👍
Follow the link with the index number.

1 Like

Sorry David, I would have happily taken a look, I’m south side of Leicester; unfortunately, I’m using holiday to do a load of work at my daughter’s house, not close to Leicester - (:-((

Plenty of other members in the area who might be able to help though.

Cheers, Tim

1 Like

No problem gentlemen, very much appreciated. Its a loverly motor (looks like). However saw a video of the rust these mk3 can get. looks loverly. relisted at a £3500. So i guess he’ll take that.low milage too. Hard to judge the price TBH. shame its a bit quiet with C-19.

Good morning.
Yes the car will sell at ÂŁ3500 as the lowest bid if someone bids of course).
Whatcar valuation and the Poor condition for that year and mileage was £4125. It’s all subjective to what someone is willing to pay, which will be the true value.
The seller is being a little bit “Cagey” about the paint. As is he saying it’s had resprayed accident damage?
As the “Colour match is not perfect”.
Or is the clear lacquer top coat damaged in some way?
Likewise, he states “Mechanically superb”, but hasn’t mentioned the advisory’s. (Not a big deal/expense in my opinion).But it’s not my money and I would therefore strongly advise you to get professional independent advice if that is the car you want, (I know that is what you are trying to do).
Good luck. :+1:

The ad reads like it’s a car trader trading from home. Tread with caution, those type don’t like you crawling all over the car picking faults. To be fair they’ve mentioned stuff wrong with the car that some wouldn’t.
Definitely one of those that needs to be seen with eyes wide open.