Any PC Gamers out there,,, and are you on Steam?

so a thread for computer games and gamers!

what type of games do you like
what game are you playing
what system do you play your games on
everything computer games!

so i would like to start by asking
are you on steam?
is there enough of us on steam to make an MX5OC steam group?

Occasional FPS player on PS5.

Might be interesting to know the first machine anyone ever played their first game on….outside the arcade. For me it was an Atari 2600 and first PC game on Sharp MZ80K.

1 Like

Random mixture of racing, FPS and adventure type games on PS5 or Switch.

Not Steam unfortunately and almost exclusively Flight Simulators (for the last 40 odd years) though the odd bit of Forza Horizon…

Currently on this which is quite something in terms of the experience it provides and the technology it uses to deliver it.

ZX-81 - Snake type game which we spent most of the day typing the code in for :slight_smile:
Historically I’ve owned BBC Micro B, Atari 520ST, NES (still have), PS1 (still have), N64 (still have), Game Cube (still have but no longer reads discs :frowning:
I play PC games now, time permitting, and MS Flight Sim like @IanH
@Thibor I’ve dabbled with Steam but not using it at the moment.
Historically favourite games Elite(BBC) (of course), Carrier Command(Atari ST), Diddy Kong Racing(N64) :stuck_out_tongue:

“Adventure” on home made CP/M Z80 machine with 8" and 5 1/4" floppies (1978-1985). (Text based game)
I wrote a few with graphics as well, but all for CP/M and all very, very simple. They kept my children happy and encouraged their maths and programming skills.

After CP/M my 68060 Amiga was excellent until struck by lightning; vastly superior to contemporary PCs in so many ways, but a snail compared with modern PCs.

I’ve never played any PC or console games, had neither the inclination nor free time.

To my great surprise, that old CP/M machine and the CRT TV/monitor both still worked two months ago when I needed to look up something only transferred across as far as the Amiga. Amazing.

PS5, primarily driving games.
Project cars 2, lately GT7 and Assetto corsa competizione.

First pc owned was an Amstrad 1512… although I did have access to a ZX Spectrum console

My 2 sons originally had a Sega Megadrive with 2 controllers , then the original Xbox with a few war games which caused no end of fights as one of them discovered how to throw a Molotov cocktail further than the other.
They have now both flown the nest , but I still play on their old Xbox 360 and love the open world free roaming games like the Far Cry series.

I like the FarCry games.
I have also enjoyed the Crysis games tho the quality of the games has been up n down as the series goes on.
I also used to play the assassins creed games, getting to climb all those historical buildings was a lot of fun

as the first game machine, i ever played a game on was either my friend’s donkey kong on an old atari with the paddle pads or supermario in an arcade cabinet!

as to the first machine I had. I had a zx spectrum 48k with the rubber keys. then a Nintendo 8bit then an atari STe computer then a Megadrive megaCD then I had a 15-year break until I got my first internet pc witch was a secondhand pentium3 that I put a 1gig chip into as it only came with a 733.
i then built my a pc an AMD FX55 CPU on an ASUS A8NSLIDeluxe with twin graphics cards.

then I built this first-gen I7 on a game spec motherboard a gigabyte G1 guerrilla with a 960 (3.2g) CPU and currently a 1050 graphics card and 12 gig ram

A strange beast called an Ohio Superboard. 6502 processor and an entire 4KB of RAM (which I upgraded to 8K ! ! ! ). I spent hours converting and keying in games from 101 BASIC COMPUTER GAMES but also wrote my own version of Space Invaders in 6502 assembly language.

3 Likes

I still have a 3 inch thick book on Assembly reference on my bookshelf right now :grinning: from when I used to code Jpeg Image compression and decompression algorithms before they were generally available, most applications requiring an additional hardware card in the machine to do that functionality. I also wrote an Mpeg video player in software which ran on a 486 all those years ago, ironically using Top Gun as one of my test videos, how things have moved on …

1 Like

PS5 and Xbox and I play everything really but Rainbow 6 Seige has been my go to game for a long time.
Hoping to upgrade to PC sometime in the near future!

join the PC Master race!!!
you know you want to!

1 Like

Played Zork on a Data General Eclipse (!) then Dungeon Master on an Amiga. Then Zork and Adventure on PC and introduced my girlfriend to Dungeon Master and she got to the very end.

Over 30 years later, I play some casual PC games but I can’t get my now wife off Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, The Witcher.and others, some on Steam.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.