Anyone tried to buy your car out of the blue (any car)

My daughter started a new job on 1st April. A company car comes with the job and it is finally being delivered on 29th. It’s a Kia e-Nero and was ordered at the beginning of March.

In the meantime they tried to get her a hire car but couldn’t. Nothing available on an open-ended hire. So she’s been working from home since she started.

Meanwhile Mazda have offered to buy back my low mileage Mazda6 Sport twice this year. Crazy times.

I was washing my MX-5 a couple of weeks ago and a guy pulled up. He said he was a dealer and he’d noticed the 2 SUVs in the garage and would I like to sell “the little silver one”. I politely declined and he sped off when he noticed the CCTV. I suspect he was just “travelling” from the local encampment and sizing up anything shiny.

never cars, but used to regularly get people asking to buy our caravans/campervan at the door.

They never bought them mind, they’d ask how much we wanted, and then once they were told they’d either leave there and then or say they’d check with XYZ and come back to let us know (and never be seen again) :wink:

A wheeler dealer came to my place to buy my sons Pug 207 recently, saw my MX5 under its cover and remarked that ‘those are Launch Edition wheels’. I pulled the cover off it and he was all over it like a rash. Offered me £7000 there and then for it, had the cash on him too. I declined tho’ I’ve been told by another trade chum that he would still buy it today.

1 Like

Just Moved to Current Location 2014 [Still in Chaos & Confusion]

Bottom End of a Small Single Lane ‘T’ Shaped Close

Driving Out ‘Roof Down/Windows Up’ in My Girl NB 2.5 [2005] Orange FL

So Ist Gear at Top of ‘T’

Neighbour & Family Leapt Out & Surrounded Me !!

“What a Beautiful Car…Do You Want to Sell It ???”

Errr…“No”

The Hubbie Said…“Welcome to the Neighbourhood…I’ve Got a Present For You”

“OK…Err…Thanks ?”

I Couldn’t Move as the Missus & Kids Still Surrounding Bullit

Hubbie Reappeared and Deposited Cleaning Materials [e.g. Soft Top Cleaner] into the Front Seat

Er…Thanks :smile:

But That Was 2014…Now He Has Security TV

How Times Have Changed

Which engine was the 3.6? I had one of the 3.5V8 cars for a while, lovely engine and remarkably good fuel consumption as it had so much torque that most of the time I was hardly touching the accelerator. A colleague had the previous model and the X350 was a huge improvement, a shame it did not sell more.

I know that dealer (Sherwood Restorations). It is just up the road from where my sister lives in Southwell. They have some fabulous cars there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.