Are there any track days that hire an MX5?

Hi there 

One of my aspirations for 2019 is to race (drive) around a track.

I guess I can probably take my MK4 MX5 but don’t want to risk damages and so on because she has great sentimental value to me.

Therefore I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s a track day, that has a hire option (esp a MK4, since that’s what I’m familiar with).

Since I’m totally new to all this I’d also like some tuition, because I’m sure it’s a different skill to simply bombing around the country lanes bright and early on a summer’s morning.

Any help/advice gratefully received

Best regards

Steve

You’ve got to take a risk or two or it’s no fun. Might as well be on the road sticking to the NSL.

Buy something tatty, cheep with a few carpark dings. Rip out the unnecessary to lighten and hire a trailer for the day to get it to the track.

We have options, send me a PM. 

As Nick said above…

get yourself booked on a Mazda-on-track event and hire my mk4 race car

You could also try the sprint event where you are the only one on the track. Therefore you can drive as safe as you want but still enjoy the experience and feel of driving your own car around the track.

you could dip your toe in at one of the Club’s Curborough sprint training events this year, they’re safe and great fun, or look out for other action at the Club Spring and National rally. My first ever track drive was at Curborough, you use your own car, but no other traffic to get in the way!

Javelin track days used to hire out MX-5s on their events but not sure they do now and looking at the options they have for hire now it would be cheaper to go buy your own MX-5 just to do a few events!

Also if you are completely new to it attend a track day or two and get some passenger rides first, if you’ve not done that it will open your eyes as to what the cars will do… 

Martin,

Please point me to where I can find out more information - this sounds like a great plan.

Do you know if any dates are in the diary for 2019 yet ?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

The Diary for next years events has been posted on the clubs website and Motorsport forum page.

Website  

Peter