Are these £450 17'' wheels any good for my NC?

How do you define “strong and weak” ?

A minimum of 50% of alloy wheels I see, have some form of bend or buckle. The lower the profile tyre, the more likely and that is OEM through to “cheap”.
The ones that are straight tend to come from vehicles with “big” tyres such as off road stuff or tall sidewalls.
They all bend and buckle no matter who or how they are made, just depends how hard you hit them.

2 Likes

Understood. Thanks,

thanks all again for replies.
I’ll go for set of 4 OEM 17’’ wheels, £560 in total New Genuine Mazda MX-5 2008-2015 17" Alloy Wheel Rim 9965677070 | eBay

and set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, on them, £1000 or so in total. I’ll need to try to sell my used OEM 16’’ wheels with tyres on them on ebay, as I don’t even have space to store them anywhere! (I have a parking space but not a garage).

50%
Wow… .

Keep your eyes peeled, buy pre owned and bide your time, you’ll probably spend less if you’re not in too much of a rush of course

For the record a standard NC 16" is 6.8 kg, a 17" is 7.7.

You’d have spend well over a grand on some RPF1s to get anywhere near that weight.

1 Like
2 Likes

Easily 50%

They’re well priced and light Nick, I haven’t seen those before.
Too narrow for me though, I would want an 8".

these trakLite wheels are both cheaper and lighter than OEM, anything I need to be aware of?

Just that there is only white left.

If you look on the back page of the calendar, Jan 2022, you can see them there. And you can’t use the standard nut, you need a maximum of 19AF

I just got a set of the silver calibre suzukas put on alongside a new set of kumho ps71’s last weekend, can’t really accurately comment on the weight and handling compared to the 16in oem ones I had as the tyres are probably making up most of the increase in grip and handling I’m feeling but i think the suzukas do look really good on my nc2.

1 Like