Auto NC Availability

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC Auto
  2. I’m based near: __Cheshire
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Auto box availability

I have a new ND manual and I took my 20 year old son out for a drive yesterday and he now wants an MX5 - I am a great salesman!!!

However he currently has an auto Corsa as he only has an auto only licence. I know that an ND is out of the question as he wants a “proper convertible”, but would look at the hard top NC, as it completely folds down and he will be using it year round. I think that he will be looking to spend circa £8k.

My question - can I get an auto NC and is there anything specific to look out for? and how bad is rust likely to be?

Thanks

Have a look on ebay, there are powershifts on there, most are 2009’s but over you budget. The Powershift has always been a rare article, and prices at the moment are rising.

Thanks, I will have a look, just wondering if they were a popular option and what years they did, or all the way through production. I have seen the threads about prices, which is frustrating, but I presume he will get more for his car too, as an auto Corsa it is also fairly rare.

Thanks

I think they came around 2007 though to the end of the NC 2015

1 Like

A neighbour bought a 55 plate NC auto some time back. They moved a short while later, so because of that I don’t have much information on it. It was slightly unusual. Solid black paintwork with red leather interior. It was carrying ‘Roadster’ badges, so I assume it was probably an import.
JS

Used 2009 59 MAZDA MX-5 2.0 I ROADSTER POWERSHIFT 2D HARD TOP CONVERTIBLE AUTOMATIC 158 BHP IN METALLIC RED WITH ONLY 51,000 MILES AN for sale | PistonHeads UK

I have found this one - which looks nice - not sure about the underneath and I hate the dashboard, but presumably can be changed… They are expensive though, as with many cars at the current time…

thanks

The wood effect facia was a costly option, the standard would have been Matt silver.