Avon ZV7s for Mk1 - anyone tried them?

just bought my mk1 California and it came with non-matching cheapo tyres, so going to replace all 4. 

Avon ZV7 look like a good combination of performance and price (£47 fitted) - anyone got any experience of them?

thanks all!

Work really well on my Mk3, dry and wet, so don’t see them being a problem on a Mk1; great price.

I’ve got 205.45.R17 ZZ5 on my Mk3 and 195.50.R15 ZV7 on my Mk1, never had any problems, excellent road holding in all conditions. Very good value for money.

Had them fitted on Thursday and have done 200 miles on them already (including a round trip to Goodwood yesterday, mostly lively country-road driving).

They’re fabulous in the wet and dry. A SO quiet. Thinking of putting them on our family car when the time comes!

Fitted 4 when i git the Coilovers fitted and 4 wheel slign done.£73 a corner on my NC 3.A rating in the wet is what i wanted and thats what i got.Will be sticking with them in the future.

Am really pleased with them - they look good too, tread is traditional style, not a modern chevron’d pattern.

Seems like 195/50R15 is one of the cheapest tyre sizes - I paid £46 fitted for mine.