Bar project for the garden during lockdown

Rain just bounces off SWMBO’s wee Cedarwood “summer lodge” Barrie with that stuff.
Like newly mopped car paint.
This has 5 coats mind over 4 years.
2 coats will do yours fine.
It’s sort of preservative wax & anti rot ( well cedar cannot rot anyhow…just “season” suspended in a spirit base to carry the stuff into the woodgrain.
This is 5 years old now, and gets battered by west winds.

3 Likes

I like it :+1::+1: I’m certainly looking into it. I’ve treated all the cut ends with this stuff

Just so the ends don’t rot.
Barrie

4 Likes

Did similar with our decking. Rather than use a brush I fill a shallow tray with the preservative and stand the sawn pieces end on in it for a couple of minutes.

2 Likes

Yeah, right. Believe that and you believe anything…

:joy:

2 Likes

Oo-ho, the happy memories.

I dug out my 1950’s three-rail Hornby Dublo stuff many years ago after having built the house extension and relished the prospect of enough space to build another layout, but I was horrified to see how lethally badly made the mains units were INSIDE.
I am very surprised this small boy had not been electrocuted by either of the speed-controllers.
I somehow lost enthusiasm, then suddenly Hon. No.2 Daughter appeared, and I happily forgot about the railway.

2 Likes

Ahhh yes tin three rail,still have Duchess of Montrose and Deltic, think the first Double O to use those stupid traction tyres, in the loft,in the 1950s used to live around a few streets from Binns Rd,the Meccano Factory Liverpool, https://tonyrobertson.mycouncillor.org.uk/tag/maghull-home-of-frank-hornby/, cheers Rob.

2 Likes

Surely this must appear somewhere in the bar…
not tempting fate I hope!
165px-Leeds_United_Logo

2 Likes

Ah yes, I also still have her, and my original 0-6-0 tank and the 2-6-4 tank but the Bristol Castle, three accompanying WR coaches and the mail coach were sold on by my Dad soon after I left home and before we had a chance to get my stuff out of there.

Here is a pic from a very early and wasp eaten brochure I still have (easy to get to, but the rest is packed away)

2 Likes

Hi Ian, daughters partner is on with something similar and wants to paint his in Leeds team colours! Part of the ‘urgency’ in getting the bar ready was to coincide with Leeds Sunday fixture!:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:
Barrie

Oh NO, not Cardiff away, that’s one of the worst for results!

1 Like

When’s the PARTY? :champagne: :champagne: :champagne: :champagne:

1 Like

Sunday! Hopefully, weather permitting :+1::crossed_fingers:
Barrie

Done few bits this morning, in the rain! :worried:
Bluetooth module wired in to aux RCA inputs on hifi.

Fixed up a bell to call time! :nerd_face:

The new fridge arrived late last night so unpacked a d installed this morning.

Put a sink in too!

Got a couple of optics and brackets so in they went as well :+1:

At least the rain has shown up a couple of ‘wet’ areas so dismantled the plank worktops and applied silicon to all the joint faces, then screwed everything back up tight!
Barrie

2 Likes

Just a word of warning about the fairy lights. I’m presuming these are low voltage LED ones suitable for outside use. Had something similar around our summer house. Fine for Christmas when they are only out for a month but in long term use they failed. One LED out, then a couple more the next week etc. etc. Replaced them with a better set and labouriously silicone sealed around every LED connection but the same thing happened again. I’ve now fitted a warm white rope light. It’s been out for over a year now and every single LED is still working.

1 Like

Call time?!!

For when visitors drink all the ale they brought and are half way through your backup supply…

3 Likes

Not quite as impressive but I commandeered the conservatory for my bar, it’s a B&Q offering…

Proper beer fridge though!

2 Likes

I like the safety tongs for handling the cooler than cool iced beer…

2 Likes

That’s quite natty :+1: does it fold away if required? Love the fridge! Mine is just a non branded domestic jobby but hopefully fit for purpose :nerd_face:
Made a little wine glass shelf this morning out of a bit of scrap wood.

Barrie

2 Likes

It does and that’s how I justified it to the missus but it’s been up since April 2019 :wink:. The shelf is a furlough addition.

2 Likes