Battery fitting

My original battery on my 2004 sport has finally given up after all these years.
Even with my reg no my local motor factors are listing two types for this.
Is this to do with terminal type ?

Not sure, I seem to remember when getting a battery for the wife’s car being offered different choices. I think it was based on how many years the battery is due to last.

I have a 2003 Sport, and this is the battery I’ve had since 2016 by LINCON.

Check out the Tayna battery site, helpful info and good prices…

Where is your battery located? It can affect the type needed.
Also, be careful when using reg no as often it will indicate a battery with terminals on wrong side. Eurocarparts are quite bad for this.
I recall…when I had my Mk2.5 we had a dead battery scenario.
Battery was located in a well in the boot. It had to be a specific type. Local battery centre fitted an under the bonnet type battery into the boot. Wife wasn’t to know … but I took it straight back and got a refund as it was wrong, did not fit properly, was not secured properly and most importantly it was potentially dangerous.
I too, found Tayna to be good.

I would not have thought getting a replacement battery would be a challenge for this car. Found a few options but means some mods as bigger than original one in the boot. However been told Mazda original replacement ones price reduced so will ring them tomorrow.

Went for genuine, mazda one in the end. A bit “ weedy” compared to others but straight fit. Better batteries out there but need more Time to modify fitting due to increased height parameters. Didn’t realise u need special charger for Gel batteries ? Might also invest in battery isolator