Battery removal

Read recently about the need to re-set (ABS?) following removal and reconnection of battery. Owners Manual was mentioned but I can’t find any mention in it.  Anybody care to point in the right direction?  Thanks.

Which model?

The Mk3 needs the DSC resetting, usually lock to lock on the steering wheel, apart from that just the engine ECU needs to relearn so you will get an uneven idle for a few miles.

Thanks Mick.  NC 2006 2.0.  Can’t find that in the Owners h’book - ignition on or off?  Pardon my ignorance!

Engine running, and let the wheels roll a bit during the lock to lock to prevent scrubbing the tyres, empty car park perhaps?  Then next time you start the car the DSC light will be out.

Thank you Richard.  Brilliant on 'ere.

Happily not always, I changed my battery and the ECU  didn’t object at all.  You too could be lucky!

Or roll the front wheels onto old magazines - easy to turn the wheels then, with no tyre scrub or strain on the rack. Ancient DIY mechanics’ tip.

Probably best not to dwell on the type of mags that might get skid-marked. 

You’ve got to smile  love it when I dip into a thread and something like this crops up.

Barrie

How very dare you! To impugn my intentions in such a way! I was referring to mags that might be found in the garages of MX-5 owners.  Like back copies of Hard Top Soft Top. Oh, wait, just a minute…

I used STHT when I did the dipped beam bulbs. It’s admirably slippery.