BBR 200 ND1 Upgrade

Good evening,

I currently have an ND1 Sport Nav which I’m planning on BBR 200 + Exhaust System and Brakes in a few weeks.

Is this a good idea or should I wait a bit and save towards getting an ND2 Equivelant?

I would be interested in people’s thoughts or experiences of the Super 200 Upgrade.

Matty

Hi Matty
I had a 2 litre ND1,very pleasaed and enjoyed the car totally,but i then sold it and brought a ND2 2 litre,the two cars are very dtfferent bit like chalk and cheese,the ND2 feels a totally different car,with far more performamce difference than the official details would have you believe,and obv a strengthened improved gearbox,i feel the ND2 is what the Nd1 should have been.
Both cars very enjoyable all best Simon

Hi Matty,

I had the Super 200, full exhaust system and brakes fitted to my Recaro only a few months after I bought the car. The engine modifications really bring the engine alive and is very free revving to the red line along with a very useful power hike. Certainly worth serious consideration and a lot cheaper than going for an ND2.

Thanks for the responses,

I didn’t realise there was such a gap between ND1 and ND2. Though I think I will stick with the planned upgrades, I love my MX-5 and don’t really want to change or swap it.

I’m dropping it off Tuesday next week so should all be ready by the following weekend.

Cheers for your thoughts

Matty

Hi Matty
Did you get your ND1 upgraded how was it? How is the gearbox? How many miles have you got on it since your upgrade?
Only reason I’m asking is I’m getting a remap and a 4 in 1 manifold fitted soon on a ND1

Done 27k in my Recaro with the BBR Super 200 and the gearbox is fine. Changing the gearbox oil every 2 years are key as well as using a fully synthetic oil.

I also have a Super 200 ND1 that was converted almost two years ago. I don’t do many miles so I’d guess it’s about 5k since the conversion. I’ve had no gearbox issues so far.

You won’t make 200bhp with just a manifold and map anyway, so you’ll be putting less power through your gearbox.

Thankyou guy’s for your reply
Guess gearbox service is a must, Mines going into Paul Roddinson in just over a week he told me your looking at extra 20 bhp. I’m really looking forward to it can’t wait,

Paul can change your gearbox and diff oil for some of his super special liquid. Worth asking so you can kill 3 birds with one stone!!
:heart:

PS He can also do a full geo for you as well, then you will be able to take take full advantage of your new horses, he knows what he is doing

1 Like