BBR Turbo Issue

Think the line they’re referring to is the vacuum line tee’d off the line from the inlet manifold to the purge valve, which runs to the top of the blow off valve (aka dump valve) which sits behind the battery, below the metal inlet pipe from the air filter box to the turbo.

Dave

Any update on this, is you problem sorted now?

Nope - its currently waiting to go back to BBR. Couldn’t bring it in last weekend as they are really busy so wouldn’t have had a chance to take a look.

Swapped out cam sensor and new plugs but the issue is still apparent. Does seem better after the throttle ECU reset but quickly goes back to randomly bogging down on acceleration.

I am sure as soon as Neil gives it a normal test drive (not country roads) he will experience the bogging. At the moment I am regretting getting it done as before the work it was the most enjoyable car I have ever driven 

One of the chaps on this forum mentioned that he was having the same issues you describe- apparently he changed the coolant temperature sensor and that solved it. By all accounts a bit of a pig to get to, but the part itself is quite cheap as I recall.

Just looking through my watched topics and wondered if you got this sorted, useful to know for any members with a similar issue.

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic, I considered starting my own thread but the fault description in this thread matches what I’m experiencing so closely, I’m starting to wonder if it’s the same car.

Bought a BBR with stage 1 conversion a couple of weeks ago and it drives exactly as “Hooch” describes. Does anyone have anymore info on this?

It does drive as though the MAF isn’t reading properly (poor running at very light throttle, bogging down after gear change or after the recirc valve has opened). I have cleaned it and checked pretty much everywhere for air leaks but haven’t made any improvement so far. I will try a different MAF sensor next, but I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be far better to control the engine with MAP only, assuming this ECU could do that.

Tom