BBR Turbo Le Mans

Hi, I have recently acquired a Mk1 Le Mans BBR Turbo. It has been fine until the last run out after which I randomly lifted the bonnet to check things over. After a couple of minutes I heard a hissing noise accompanied by a burning smell. It didn’t take long to find what looks like a cooling hose for the turbo with a nice split in it! Does anyone out there know where to source such a part? I rang BBR and they told me Mazda don’t stock parts for the turbo and neither do they but if I send a photo they could probably manufacture one. That’s ok but sounds expensive to me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I was hoping to attend the national rally this year with this car so I don’t have a lot of time to put it right.

Hi Pete,

I have just done a quick search and found 3 companies who may be able to help you.

SFS Performance
Viper Performance
Leyland Hose and Silicone

Hope this helps, there are several more on the search as well.

Please note I have no knowledge of any of these firms.

Regards Don

Hi, I’m not sure that you are going to be able to get an “off the shelf” part for an older BBR turbo now, getting something manufactured may be the only way to go.

I’ve just had a look at my Le-Mans and as far as I can see it looks like there are 2 oil pipes and one coolant pipe ?

It may be worth taking the split pipe off and posting a picture on here, I’m sure that there could be somebody on here that knows or even works at a company that may be able to manufacture one.

Hope you get it sorted soon…

If it’s the hose part that’s split and the hard sections are sound then the crimped on hose can be cut off and replaced with a small section of silicone hose and hose clips to secure.
I have fixed 3 lemans turbos using that method, obviously dependent on the state of the hard pipe sections

Hi all, thanks for your replies! All three options are valid but I’m going with lemans suggestion as I have the necessary bits to do that and the pipe itself does look sound. But once again many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I may make it to the National Rally after all!! Pete.