Before this novice drops £5k with a dealer, may I get your opinion please?

Excellent!

I had a 1.6 NA LE that I loved. I also disliked the NC styling but it has grown on me too.

1 Like

Looks pretty good to me. Hope you enjoy it.

I agree that the braces are missing, I appreciate some models didn’t get the brace - but did they really get the brace mounts with no brace fitted? (The mounts on top of the shock bolts are what I am looking at).

1 Like

That’s how the non front strut brace cars look on the turrets.
Launch Edition, Sport and Zsport all had the front strut brace, the rest of the NC1 range didn’t.

I purchased 4 Yokohama Blue Earth AE50 from Black Circles for my 2011 Copper Red MX-5 2.0RC. The improvement in ride and handling was noticeable as soon as I drove away from the fitting centre.

3 Likes

Ive always used BC for tyres BUT this year the local fitting firm said to come directly to them with the BC quotes and they will try and match, or beat, it.

Maybe worth a try???

Thanks. There’s a BC Premier near me and the BC price seems reasonable.

It arrived today, delighted so far! A really lovely return to driving after 5 years away.

1 Like

Enjoy👍

1 Like

Brilliant news. Enjoy it :+1:t2:

1 Like

I have Yokohama Blue Earth tyres on my NC and they were an improvement on the original tyres which were 12 years old. (My car has only done 19k miles and the original tyres still had decent tread but we’re cracking on the side walls)

1 Like

I’m not surprised that they were cracking on the sidewalls after 12 years. In addition to my MX-5 I have a 2016 Skoda Yeti which I have owned from new. It has only done 17000 miles but the Good Year tyres have been showing early signs of cracking like yours for at least 2000 miles.
Experts say that tyres should be changed every 5-6 years regardless of mileage as the rubber starts to perish.

2 Likes

Just a small update. I just got the car back to London from the MX5 Restorer (lovely people, highly recommended) and it’s been cleaned, cavity waxed and undersealed, fully serviced, and they recommended new discs and pads as they were heavily scored so got those done too. They found no other issues with the car so it seems I chose well! Delighted :smiley:

Thanks for all your help!
Nigel

1 Like