Bettabuilda's AHURA MAZDA

Got a call from the powder coating shop this afternoon, wheels ready for collection in the morning! Will post up some pics tomorrow when the tyres are back on, wheels balanced and fitted to the car.  Really looking forward to see how they’ve turned out, and, if the colour choice was the right one 

Barrie

great news barrie, glad they stuck to their word and got the wheels ready on time

get them pics up , lets see her !!!

Your slacking Barrie, normally you’d have wrapped it by now, got bored of it, and sold it on…ready for the next project.
See you Sunday.

. Barrie that cost was just the powder coating.

I took the wheels  a mates garage who removed the tyres, Then when the wheels were done four brand new tyres were fitted and balanced ???

Thanks guys  great price for the wheels Charlie, as said. Nice when you’ve got mates for the tyre removal & fitting too! Just sat waiting for shops to open, need to drop off the drone I sold on here yesterday at Post Office, then nip round corner to powder coater, back home, fit the new bolt in valves to rims, off to tyre shop for refitting and balancing, back home to fit the wheels, car off stands, test drive and most importantly, pictures  phew! 

Barrie

. Look forward to the pictures Barrie. My car is back on stands for two weeks while the calipers get a complete refurbishment and painted … 

There’s a company not too far from me that refurb steering racks, calipers etc, last time I looked, they were around £120 a pair, completely overhauled, finished in virtually any colour you wanted? Thing is you’re then staying OEM rather than aftermarket, although I presume in my case at least, the new parts used probably won’t be genuine Mazda, that only leaves the castings as OEM  you can’t win.

Barrie

Hi Baz, bet you never slept last night all excited about the wheels, will defo try and find you and Dave on Sunday, will give you a wave when passing Morley,cheers Rob.

Picked wheels up earlier,

They look lighter here than they actually are? Here’s a pic of the new flush valves I fitted. Better idea of colour too!

No valve cap fitted in this picture. While loading up the car to go to the tyre fitters, decided on a brand new set instead of reusing the existing ones  Booked in for 1.00 pm today.

Barrie

1 Like

Barrie, they look first class and I like the flush valve that’s a nice touch. On wards and upwards…

John

Looking very good indeed.

I am glad you have got your teeth into a new project. You have so many excellent styling ideas it would be a shame to hang up your boots.

Please keep the build thread going. I am finding it soooo much more entertaining than Brexit (oops do I have to pay a fine now?)

Keep it up.

Grant

Finally, pics of the wheels and on the car! 

Literally came off the stands and pulled onto forecourt for pictures, suspension needs to settle I reckon after being at full extension all week! Very 4x4 

Im thinking roof and mirrors in same colour? At the least, maybe more highlights, will leave it all alone until after the Rally now, having said that, it’s Friday tea time now so not that far away! 

Barrie

2 Likes

That looks The Biz, Barrie 

Cheers for very prompt pics!

. I might have gone for aftermarket big / performance brakes but the choices were few. Not only that but I’m not entirely bitten by the 5 bug and may not keep the car… Not sure yet 

The company I’m using replace every park apart from the casting. New bolts are also supplied for mounting onto the car as well. All new pad clips and slider pins every single part. The 190 quid includes VAT as well . Plus they aren’t far away so Ive dropped off and will collect so saves the post. You pays yer money and taker yer chance eh ?? 

Charlie, sounds like you’ve found a very good refurbisher, very thorough and complete 

Barrie

Very nice too Barrie,and thanks for keeping us updated , see its not just me who likes your post,s on here. Like the wheels they show off the calipers and discs a bit more for you to keep on top of, is there a software thing you can alter colors on a car?messing with the golf today, see you soon, Rob.

looking good baz…they suit the car that bit darker
a job well done
see you sunday !!!

Double post 

Barrie

1 Like

Wheels look ace Barrie. Suit the cars colour very well. 

1 Like