Bit of a stutter

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ND
  2. I’m based near: __Barnsley
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __air intake maybe

hello :wave:…coming back from Norfolk yesterday and got a chance to accelerate hard through the gears, when reaching 6500 to 7000 rpm got a bit of a stutter then it cleared upto the red line…66 plate 13000 miles on the clock with service stamps to this year…just wondering if this is a known problem or something like a air filter change maybe…am not worried too much due to not getting up there normally​:grin:…cheers

Are you sure you didn’t hit the rev limiter in one of the gears as that can feel like a stutter?

I’d suggest trying again to see if you can reproduce it.

don’t think it was the rev limiter, came in before red line and it was more of a flat spot/hesitation than a limiter cutting in…

2 litre? Not difficult to hit the limiter in the 2 litre ND1, part of the reason I bought the 1.5. Not sure exactly where the limiter cuts in but the red zone starts at 6500.

I’d driven the 1.5 round a test route and then tried the 2.0, to show the 1.5 in its worst light. That’s when it happened and I really wasn’t expecting it. I then chose the 1.5, my nerves and ears give in before the engine does.

1.5 redline starts at 7000 limiter kicks in a little later…