Black NC Kuro in grantham

so I was driving into town on Friday morning (Christmas eve)
when I caught up with a Black NC, I think it was an nc1.
I flashed my headlights once but got no reaction, I passed (when it was safe to do so) still no reaction.
got into town and sat right next to it at the traffic lights and the driver totally blanked me!
it was only when I got alongside that I saw it was a KURO.
I put my window down to speak to the lady driver but she just didn’t want to even acknowledge that I was there!

anyway from the outside, it looked like a very good example!
shame about the driver!

btw i have no idea how the KURO is different from the sport tech!
i would be interested to know!

1 Like

Some owners simply like to own an MX5. They do not all fall into the club/enthusiast/devotee category. She probably thought you were some sort of nut job who happened to be driving a similar car, if she even noticed you were driving another MX5.

7 Likes

it wouldn’t be the first time that people have thought that about me! and it certainly won’t be the last!

1 Like

The chances of MK3 owners returning a wave etc seems very slim.

It’s a Sport Tech basically, well the 2 litre is, you can get the 1.8 with 5 speed non LSD. Differences are the stone coloured leather seats and door panels, probably the dash trim and outside graphics/wing badges and graphite coloured alloys. Comes as a PRHT or you can get the soft top version, it’s an NC2.

I looked at this model when thinking of changing mine, in fact missed out on buying a velocity red one, too slow to go view it, it sold quickly.

1 Like

yes.
also, it seems that you are less likely to get a wave from an NC owner if they think that your car is better than theirs!

basically, if my car is clean I don’t get many waves but when it is dirty then every NC I see will wave!
so in short there does seem to be some condition envy!

also thank you mickAP

I was driving through Grantham on Christmas Eve in my black KURO when this guy started flashing me, no idea why. Then he pulled up beside me at the lights, wound his window down and started leering at me. Feeling a bit intimidated I decided to ignore him hoping he would go away.

8 Likes

i know your post is a joke but there is no way it could be honestly described that way!

edit,
now that I think about it.
because I passed her, when we got the to lights she pulled up beside me!
and she left extra space to do it.
so while she was blanking me she was also saying “my 12plate Kuro is way better than your unnamed variant 54 plate mx5”

1 Like

Be careful who waves at you🤔

Putting fuel in at a place in Chesterfield I gets a toot and enthusiastic waving from this MX-5 driver going past. Looking round I gave a wave back, it appeared to be a blonde long haired female. Upon getting back in the car the missus asks, do you know her?
I get a look of disbelief when I told her no.
She gets the waving bit amongst members but this time she felt it was different.:grin::thinking:

3 Likes

That happened to me last year, a local SLK is almost exactly the same colour as my NC and the blonde driver gives me a wave when we pass, both top-down. I don’t know who she is, but I do know the car!

4 Likes

Not sure if NC owners are less likely to wave back. In my experience there is no definite rule as to who wave and who doesn’t, as discussed in wave related threads.
I have a MK3.75 and I get ignored by, or get a wave back from, drivers of all the MK’s.
Around here it’s evenly split.

1 Like

just today (In the midlands) I had a short conversation with a bloke in an NC (I also was in my NC with the roof down). I zoomed pass him earlier and he came up at the lights to say hi.

I rekon the further away from the London you get, the friendlier the people are… apart from Liverpool and Glasgow perhaps (just joking lol )

yes, I agree you are much more likely to get a wave out in the rural areas than you are in the big towns or cities!

1 Like

I can sell you a beautiful garage queen Velocity Red Kuro. It’s a summer car, only comes out when it’s dry.

Good luck getting a wave/flash in Grantham. I’ve worked there for 20 years and haven’t received a single reply to mine. (NA)

The A52 & A607 on the other hand…

Thanks for the offer, it does sound a great car and one that was on my shopping list. I’ve bought this one below a few months ago.

Beautiful, it looks as nice as mine

1 Like

iv seen a couple of NA in grantham what colour is your car

White - February on the calendar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A few years ago I was driving back to Southampton from Brighton in my MK3 when as i may have been driving with “spirit” we came up on another “5” MK1 where all the way to Portsmouth we had “fun” pushing upto speed then getting around the never ending roundabouts. A final wave as he peeled off around Havant/Portsmouth area.
I find that if a female is driving, Blond, well made up hair, aged 30+ you are not going to get a wave. Or from any MK1 MK5’s towards us in MK3’s… strange that me and the guy on the A27 had a hoot for a few miles. So not all MK1 drivers are purest snobs :slight_smile:

1 Like