build number info

Hi Barry new member here. Having just bought an Icon 2016 ltd ed. I was wondering if anyone knew how to I.d. The Build Number of the 600 that were supposed to be limited to. Had two Mx 5 s in past a mk2 and mk2.5, the Icon is a summer car and is so good to get back to that feel of driving such a great drive again. thanks for any replies .      

Don’t waste your time re the series of 600 builds, the stickers were put on by a bloke in the car park between starting work in the morning, having a cup of tea and then going for his lunch.

They were not put on in any specific order.

The main thing to worry about is are the front chassis rails needing replaced and are the sills and rear arches rusting.

Enjoy your summer toy and forget the build number, it makes no difference at all to the owner.

Cue the special edition owners saying it very important to have the build number ( that is just a random number).

The original post refers to the car being a 2016 Icon. I’m a little confused Drumtochty, you seem to be suggesting that there are rust issues with a 4 year old car, which is a bit surprising to say the least…

The posting was mixing up the ND Icon with the NB Icon; of many years ago. The name has been used on a few different models over the years.

Thanks for the reply, I am not sure I care if the cook placed the plaque in her lunch break or not to be honest just wondered if the number happen to be part of the chassis number or like. When I had my RX8 i knew the build number and the day it was made, being one of the first in the country it was supplied with the RX8 book of history of the models and its development. The Icon Mx5 I know has a few things to look out for having had two previously that had their own little quirks, the vehicle purchased I feel quite happy it is ok and I will enjoy it that is for sure. As a previous member of this club I know a lot of experience and info from fellow fivers is available and look forward to some good posts.

Makes sense saz. Having owned an NB in the past I’m familiar with the rust issues with this version. Personally I’m not too keen on calling a car ‘Icon’ , especially when it can be a rust heap later in its life!