Bumpy end to 2019 and rocky start to 2020

Getting older has its darker side! 

It has been a roller coaster few months with various health issues. I’m hoping everything has settled down and I’m looking forward to the Spring.

Apologies if I haven’t responded to anyone, please don’t think me rude. I have been focusing on getting well.

Plenty on here that your post will resonate with. Me included. Pretty crap this getting old lark.

Still we are still here so I for one am going to make the most of it.

Currently planning an NC500 trip.

2020, the year to do the things we’ve been thinking about for years.

1 Like

Hi Grant, no apologies needed mate! As Paul said above, it’s a bit of a devil as you move along the conveyor belt of life  as you get to the end of it and drop into the waste bin, the belt continues upside down and eventually picks up someone else as it reverts to top side!! I think there is a virtual brake that can be applied? This sort of slows down the inevitable but the trade off is a raft of peculiar things that affect us all in one way or another. Again as Paul has mentioned, 2020 needs to be a time to do stuff (any other year will do) Get in there Grant, do what you can mate!

Barrie

1 Like

Hi Grant

I wish you well and hope that the issues you have encountered will be a distant memory soon.

a depressing time of year that will shortly come to an end.

Best wishes

Rob

1 Like

As my daughter said to me … “Dad you can live fast now… 'cos you ain’t gonna die young!!”  So I’m livin’ fast in our new MK2.5, Cilla, 'cos she’s Black!!

Keep smiling and living fast Man!!

Cheers!

Russ

1 Like

Hi
I agree with all the above, enjoy it now, and keep on enjoying it now.
I’m a 62 year old Carpenter with various health issues, and a Sports car and motorcycle enthusiast, and and I absolutely love nothing more than going for a blast in the 5, whether its a local one just for the hell of it , or a day out with my better half who’s constantly saying “slow down” :smile:, as long as I’m not caught by those Hi Vis volunteers with speed guns who lurk on blind bends or behind bushes waiting to point the bloody speed guns at you, and they are not always in the towns or villages either, …yes I know I should stick strictly to the speed limit when out of the village. :shushing_face:

Boz

2 Likes

Same here, I’m 64 and bought my ZSport coming up for 2 years ago and what a revelation, best driving car I’ve ever owned. Prob first car i don’t give a jot how much fuel i put in it as its smiles every mile. Any excuse to blast it around the Cotswolds where i live nearby. Only decisions we have is we have a river cruiser as well so is it full out blasts around the lanes or 5 mph tootling down the river.
I love my early retirement :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m 76 yoa, just spent 15 years looking after my parents, so what’s left is mine, arthritis, tinnitus, general degeneration included!!! What the…

2 Likes

Snap…arthritis and degeneration here as well.

It could be easy to get depressed but as mood has a dramatic effect on pain management I try to find something to laugh about during the day. Failing that Malt Whisky helps enormously.

G

2 Likes

I second that reference to a good “pick me up”, or “lay me out” if enjoyed to excess!