Buying advice 1st mk1

Considering buying a mk1 eunos, been modded fairly heavily and had a interesting rattle can paint job, would be a second car, project etc, just wonder if it looks acceptable underneath or the start of lots of welding and headache, hard to judge properly but the sills look a little squished
I have video but not sure how to upload

I’d be more worried about the sill rot (very left edge of the picture) than the chassis rail. Looks like a bit of rubbage there, is it low, as in very low?

Intrigued ( well…only slightly) by shiny tranny & new CAT bolts though…
Mick is right though…some sill swelling going on…on the other hand I’ve seen far worse floor pans etc.

Yes the soft sills where my biggest fears I had more pics and a video but unable to upload as new member

Recon gearbox, hence the shiny bits

Videos, upload to YouTube then copy/paste to here I’ve found works best.:+1:

https://youtu.be/1PQJ98d-eKg

Video link here, not great but think it’s pretty clear there’s some issue

Its an issue if you are paying a lot for this car. But probably you are not paying thatmuch for it, and what you are seeing is pretty usual rust for 25 year old car. Owning an old car has a cost to it, let alone looking at one at the evidently bottom end of the market.

You’re buying a car with pop riveted side skirts. Going to be hiding a lot. The integrity of the metal can be testing jacking it up on the rear jacking points. If they start bending in (or they already look bent it), the sill has gone.

The idea of that one was binned off, been to see a few since but none were in good shape, thanks for all the replies

Just our of interest, what is your budget?

I’m still undecided, but I may be putting “Katie” up for sale in the near future. She’s a 1989 Eunos with less than 85,000km and to the best of my knowledge is as clear of rust as any car that’s nearly 32 years old! She’s basically in unchanged condition from when she left the factory, even down to the original stereo. In my view she’s special so will need to go to someone who will value the originality though.
Paul