Camping

Meant to say also that this time round, I would maybe look at staying the friday and saturday nights [:)]

can you guess what the Eastern Region are doing again this Spring Rally ?

Cottaging.

And I’m saying no more on the subject - I could probably also guess where you will be doing it.

Is that like camping for lightweights?

[;)]

Nah, more like been there, done it, got the rheumatism [;)]

That’s not what the urban dictionary describes cottaging as…

Looks like that discussion went off the road and didn’t make it back again, probably best, eh?

Hovis - if and when you need to start making a list of rheumatic campers, please put me down for two pitches for both Friday and Saturday nights - my Mk1 and me big bro’s Mk2.5.

Yes and - well that’s normal round here.
 As soon as I get anything approaching a deal done I’ll be asking for names / numbers to making the bookings, so watch this space!

Hovis…  thanks for keeping this ticking over and keeping everyone informed… it is very much appreciated… name your tipple and it will be delivered to your pitch in a reasonable quantity

You sure you can afford to feed my drinking???

Nope!!! that’s why I said “in a reasonable quantity”     and that’s my idea of reasonable, not yours!!!  [:P]

Any news on the campsite?

I am with you on this, Andy, the club should be directing members to the site which has the capacity to take the majority of those who want to go.

We are having a run across to st1:placest1:cityYork</st1:city></st1:place> today - its only 55 minutes from us, to have a look at camp sites.<o:p></o:p>

Quite how Mick is going to decide which group of campers, on which site, is going to get the benefit of the club marquee and BBQ I do not know.<o:p></o:p>

B & L

Quite simply B & L… Mick will provide a gazebo, not Club marquee, and bbq to the campsite that Hovis is kindly sorting for all the campers to meet up at.  If you wish to go to a different site that’s up to you… if the numbers warrant it, we will also provide you with a gazebo and bbq.  btw these are our members personal equipment from their homes to make life easier for you guys and gals travelling in a 5 with all your tents etc etc

I thought folk had stopped throwing stones on the forum… apparently not!  Why Areas bother to volunteer to run Rallies is beyond me when all they get is a slagging off.  I have a family and other committments as well… Hovis has volunteered to do this for us and I will not be bullied into doing it…  I am not the Owners Club servant I have a life of my own… enough said!

Any update on the camping situation or should I go ahead and book myself[*-)]

rgds Brian

I will try and get you an answer Brian

Thanks Kev 

Its been hard finding a campsite near by so I have booked into the travel lodge, but if anyone is thinking of doing the same. GET in quick its getting full. I gave them a call to find out if Sam my dog is OK to go their and he is for a charge. so thats were we will be going.

So thanks for the help Kev see you in May Terry and Sam[:D]

It is getting a bit near the date now, was hoping that there would have been more interest in camping [:O]

I suspect there are a lot of peeps interested in camping…just waiting to see what the “official” site is gonna be so we can be together…or has the one site idea withered away? If it has I’ll make my own arrangements…and probably skip the rally and go camping oop norf in Scotland

Previous Spring and National Events hasn’t been a problem - Why dont the Event organisers make it easy and let everyone interested camp on the airfield ?

Would only need to charge a few quid each to cover hire of portaloos and a handfull of binbags for litter ?